Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop tutorial

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by joezeppii, Jul 20, 2009.

1. joezeppii

joezeppii Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Indiana
    Hello everyone,
    My son, who does all of my design work, is heading off to college soon and will only be able to work part time on the designing. Does any one recommend a training video for photoshop that I can get to help me learn the basics on the fly? I've watched him do a few things, but not enough ,because I have to run the other aspects of the business.
    I have alot of experience with corel, but not photoshop.....only enough to be dangerous.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
  3. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
  4. joezeppii

joezeppii Member

Jul 27, 2005
    Indiana
    Has anybody used the Aurora Graphics pro designer dvd?

5. functionpdx

functionpdx Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I can't speak for the Photoshop tutorials but lynda.com is the site I used to learn what I needed to get started in Illustrator. Long, boring and repetitive but after a couple days the info really stuck. But really, the basics of Photoshop should be pretty self explanatory considering you have experience with Corel. Start working on something and learn as you go, just make sure you start with a high enough resolution and keep everything on separate layers.