• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop tutorial

joezeppii

Hello everyone,
My son, who does all of my design work, is heading off to college soon and will only be able to work part time on the designing. Does any one recommend a training video for photoshop that I can get to help me learn the basics on the fly? I've watched him do a few things, but not enough ,because I have to run the other aspects of the business.
I have alot of experience with corel, but not photoshop.....only enough to be dangerous.
Thanks

functionpdx

I can't speak for the Photoshop tutorials but lynda.com is the site I used to learn what I needed to get started in Illustrator. Long, boring and repetitive but after a couple days the info really stuck. But really, the basics of Photoshop should be pretty self explanatory considering you have experience with Corel. Start working on something and learn as you go, just make sure you start with a high enough resolution and keep everything on separate layers.