• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex like substrate (something for inside of windows)

Tony Rome

I usually use phototex for one of my good customers for their chain restaurants. They like the product. Only problem is, now they want to be able to put it on the inside of the glass with the image (solvent printable) facing out.
Does anyone know how I can do this or if I just need to look at something other than Phototex?
They want removability and re-positioning but they hate static clings. Sizes are about 15" x 15"

Also, for another project bigger like 48" x 80" is phototex the best for glass? I need something for indoor and for about 3 months on glass. Will not need to be re-positioned but NEEDS TO BE EASY TO REMOVE.
Was using 3165RA it great and cheap but too hard to remove.
Also product for outside on glass doors?
Sorry that was a lot!

Thanks

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a great material for that. Its called iDot and it's made for that application. PM if you would like a sample to play with.

ShawnFogle

Is wet application recommended for the clear idot material when going on windows? I use Glass Apeel now and it requires wet application on windows so that is why I am asking..

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Is wet application recommended for the clear idot material when going on windows? I use Glass Apeel now and it requires wet application on windows so that is why I am asking..

No sir, a major sell point is that you don't need water for installation like you would with static cling. It saves a lot of instal time.

Infinity Media

Formerly Known as GlassADhere
I usually use phototex for one of my good customers for their chain restaurants. They like the product. Only problem is, now they want to be able to put it on the inside of the glass with the image (solvent printable) facing out.
Does anyone know how I can do this or if I just need to look at something other than Phototex?
They want removability and re-positioning but they hate static clings. Sizes are about 15" x 15"

Also, for another project bigger like 48" x 80" is phototex the best for glass? I need something for indoor and for about 3 months on glass. Will not need to be re-positioned but NEEDS TO BE EASY TO REMOVE.
Sorry that was a lot!

Thanks

Sorry that was a lot!

Thanks
This is the product for YOU!!! Okay so GlassAdhere is now known as GlassApeel and is available in sizes from 30" through 60", It is perfect for windows. It is offered in block out white for 1st surface printing. Clear and Frost are also offered and can be 1st or second surface printed. Contact for free sample rolls info@glassApeel.net

Infinity Media

Formerly Known as GlassADhere
I have a great material for that. Its called iDot and it's made for that application. PM if you would like a sample to play with.

The issue with Idot is you can see the dots through the media. It is much less powerful than the GlassApeel

Tony Rome

This is the product for YOU!!! Okay so GlassAdhere is now known as GlassApeel and is available in sizes from 30" through 60", It is perfect for windows. It is offered in block out white for 1st surface printing. Clear and Frost are also offered and can be 1st or second surface printed. Contact for free sample rolls info@glassApeel.net
Already did, this morning, haha.

Tony Rome

Hey guys I have samples coming for both and will come back and let you know what I think.
I will tell you one thing I am very impressed with so far and that is BigFish's customer service.
It was very easy to get a sample, he talked me through other materials I could use and educated me on things I wasn't even calling him about.
Solid guy!

bigben

I've used the glassapeel frost last month as a printable frost material. I needed something that the visuel was looking good both sides. You need to print at high density to have good colors, but the look is very good even very close. I even used it to make small second surface decals (10in X 4in) and it worked great and the customer can install it himself very easily dry for that size. I was using a product similar to idot in the pass, but I needed something we could not see the dot because of the closeup view. Yes you must use water with the glassapeel (but lot less than regular frost material) and there is some bubbles that can come up after few hours of the install. But they go away in a day or two. I've found out that if you install it with a mix of water and alcohol, it work better.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We just mirror print on clear and back with white vinyl for this kind of sign. For removable on the outside of glass, we use Glass Adhere.

ams

Glass Adhere is an amazing product that my customers love, try that. Also they make reverse window perf so you can affix it to the inside of the window facing out.