• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex Outdoors Suitability

neil_se

Can anyone share whether they've been successful or not in using Phototex S printed with Latex (L26500) in an exposed outdoor position? Laminated or unlaminated? I did a bit of a search here and found mixed responses, mainly in relation to solvent printed Phototex.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I just took down a 4 year old decal that was on the side of a house, rarely got direct sun and was barely faded.

I had another decal only last 4 months in direct sunlight.

No lamination on either.

Photo Tex & Latex Inks

Yes outdoor does vary but we have found the Water Base Photo Tex coating last longer outdoors when using Latex inks. Can last several months to a year. If your putting it on Glass then try our new www.glassadhere.com (new micro-suction technology and cleanable) media from my other company. Happy to send a free sample of any version - just e-mail me walterjr@phototexgroup.com

neil_se

The purpose is for a sporting ground sponsorship on a painted wall so it needs to last 2 years and be removable afterwards. I don't mind liquid laminating if I have to, but the inks themselves fading shouldn't be a problem in that timeframe. The alternative we've used before is GF 201HTAP but it tears chunks out of the wall when removing.

Bly

That GF 201HTAP has an aggressive adhesive and is no way removable.
Maybe have a look at Avery wall vinyl MPI2611.

splizaat

Grimco also has their own version of phototex called rad graphix. You may want to look into that as well - they have it available as a textile (similar to phototeX) and a wall vinyl. I think they both use same adhesive, just different face stock.

Jackpine

I've printed glassadhere and it is excellent. In my experience nothing is as good as Photo Tex. The have a new version with stronger adhesive for tougher situations that is still removable.
Yes outdoor does vary but we have found the Water Base Photo Tex coating last longer outdoors when using Latex inks. Can last several months to a year. If your putting it on Glass then try our new www.glassadhere.com (new micro-suction technology and cleanable) media from my other company. Happy to send a free sample of any version - just e-mail me walterjr@phototexgroup.com

neil_se

I found at that the wall is black as well so Phototex isn't really suitable as we don't get the blockout version here. I think I'll just use a short term removable vinyl if the job comes through.

Photo Tex Australia

So the new opaque Block-Out Photo Tex (OPA and OPAS) is on its way to Australia sold by Stick-On-Signs or HVG. Also the OPAS (Solvent) Opaque Block-Out is on way to USA and we do have sample test rolls of the OPAS! - Walter