• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex printing

SIGNTIME

first timer printing on phototex I have done a few test prints on my xj540 with a couple different profiles pcv3, mcvp, ect.. the prints all look good but they all seem to be taking a very long time to become dry ( its been over a half hour and I can still easily rub off the ink ) is this normal? where should heat settings be? ive just been using the profile heat settings.

MagnificentBastid

This is pretty normal in my experience. If you have a profile that puts down less ink then that can help too. Just be sure not to roll it up or lay anything on top the print for several hours, or else you'll see scratches and smudges.

When installing, be gentle and use a soft felt squeegee.

MikePro

using the phototex or phototex(s)? that could make the difference, I've used both on my latex, and the (s) on my mimaki are dry once they come off the printer. granted, I usually print max passes to give my prints more drying time before they hit the takeup roll.

idsignsil

Yeah, MikePro is onto something. Make sure you are using the correct phototex for your printer. We use the phototex(s) on our Roland XC-540 and it comes out dry enough to use the take up reel. It is still just a little sticky, so we let it sit overnight before we put the frog juice on.

Skye

Clear coat

We have a similar issue and we are using S
but the ink still scratches days later.
What are people using for a clear coat?

Snydo

Mike is on the money....max pass and enough heat to come off the printer dry. Phototex is some amazing stuff.