• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex Results

radiohead223

hi everyone,

just wanting to get some people experiences with printing on phototex material with the laxtex and how it prints, last and any problems you have had?

the suppliers of the HP printers here in Australia know very little about the product

thanks Glen

radiohead223

also from what i have found the suppliers of phototex here in australia have two type. one is solvent and the other is for water based... i take it that the HP machines would print onto water based phototex?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have heard mixed reviews of this stuff in the latex, you would use the solvent version. Do you have Ultraflexx over there? They make a similar product that works really well also.

radiohead223

done that and they don't know much about the HP laxtex inks... i thought best to ask here and get some first hand experience

Bly

I have a profile we made for phototex on the L25500 if you're using onyx.
I can let you have it to try if you want.

Edit - solvent type.
We haven't actually run a job on it yet.
Test print looked pretty sweet though.

radiohead223

I have heard mixed reviews of this stuff in the latex, you would use the solvent version. Do you have Ultraflexx over there? They make a similar product that works really well also.

hi bigfish
have you used either product on the HP's yourself?

who is making ultraflexx as i haven't heard of that one through any suppliers around here as yet?

radiohead223

I have a profile we made for phototex on the L25500 if you're using onyx.
I can let you have it to try if you want.

Edit - solvent type.
We haven't actually run a job on it yet.
Test print looked pretty sweet though.

how did your test go for colour and the print adhering?.... could you sractch it off with ease?

Bly

Looked pretty durable.
At least as good as off the Roland.
We haven't done any Phototex jobs lately but will use the HP when we do.

jasonx

Ran a test once off our L25500 for a car yard customer. Customer reporting the ink was coming off in the rain. We stuck it up outside and portions of the ink was coming off.

The L26500 seems to be alot better in that regard.

Skye

Contact

I suggest you contact phototex directly. I did and received reply the same day from president. Extremely helpfully with our large job.

Bly

Interesting Jason.
Well we had a Phototex print in our foyer printed on our Roland that got wet from a leaking a/c water drain and it washed all the ink off that too.

VTSigns

Phototex prints just fine on the HP latex printer. I have printed several larger prints on my latex printer using phototex and the print quality has been phenominal. I haven't tested it under wet conditions so I can't vouch for its durability there.

Felix Sepulveda

I use PhotoTex regularly on my Canons IPF Pigment printers, once I have to print it in an HP L25500 (owned by a friend) and the results were better than in my Canons in terms of scratch resistance and the look was very good. I used the water based version. So you can use the water based version without any problem.... but I didn't wet the print.......it was for an interior design.

So here is the skinny, Both versions of the Photo Tex Solvent and Water Base work on all Latex (try the light textile setting). As for outdoors, yes the Latex and Solvent can wash out and so we do recommend liquid lamination. I am working to take over the Australia Territory in the near future. As for Ultraflex or any other adhesive substrate, simply cut a piece off the roll, peel the backer off and fold in half, then peel apart and see how the adhesive reacts, If it comes off, balls up,or looks a mess, then its no good. Then try this with Photo Tex also and see the difference :) Please feel free to e-mail me anytime walterjr@phototexgroup.com Come see our new products and booth at SGIA!!!!