• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex

noregrets

I have a big job coming up where I will be using Phototex for the first time. I will be printing it on a GS6000, and the test sheets I have done have come up great. Just thinking for durability though it might be best to laminate it.

All the reading I have done refers to liquid lamination - is there any reason why you wouldnt just laminate it the same as vinyl?

TheSnowman

My ink grabs on this stuff really well, I can't even scratch it off with my fingers without tons of scratching. Is there a setting that these are going to be getting so much abuse that you need to laminate them?

rjssigns

Trying to laminate a textured product probably won't end well. The laminate will never get into the deepest areas. In a high abuse area I would cover with polycarb panels and call it a day.

MikePro

I use clearshield on phototex.
+1 to being easier to laminate on the wall after install but less headache to install graphic knowing you have a laminated print that won't scratch (which it doesn't easily, but it can)

noregrets

Thanks for the input everyone. Didn't think about the textured surface..... makes total sense now that you mention it. Will go with Liquid lam and see how that goes

Thanks again!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I would not laminate at all. I have used it many times and don't see the need to lam. - unless the end user is a clean freak and tries to use windex on it....

I would use the new stuff that is opaque as you cannot overlap the old stuff, it is very translucent.

I have used it many times also for interior translucent prints just because it is so translucent.

d fleming

Do not laminate, overlap panels then cut butt joints= no problem with translucent. The opaque was made for darker walls so it wouldn't mute the colors from behind.