• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Picked up a used HP9000, Yellow and Magenta heads not firing at all after transport

jesseeee

Found a used, working HP9000s for sale at a really good price. Went to check it and and it worked great, the only issue was a few nozzles missing from the magenta test pattern. Every other head printed perfectly and looked solid, both on nozzle test pattern and a few test graphics. So I paid for it and went to pick it up a few days later in a U-Haul box truck. We wheeled it up the ramp and I strapped it to the side of the truck. Got it to the shop and did a clean and nozzle print, now the M and Y aren't firing at all. Every other color looks great but these two heads. Did multiple cleanings, a few strong PH recoveries, a wash for a couple hours, still nothing.

Any idea of what this could be? I went over a few bumps while transporting it, hope I didn't knock something loose. I don't know it it's just coincidence that the two heads are next to each other. All of the pumps seem to be running fine and nothing sounds weird. Thanks guys.

danno

If the heads aren't firing, but getting ink, power down the machine and check the cables at the head. If they aren't getting ink, check the lines. I used to keep O-rings for all the connectors. They are bad about air leaking if jostled.

HulkSmash

congrats, you just bought a giant paper weight. That machine is nothing but issues, and the ink cost is not worth what it prints.

Sounds like there's air int he lines.

good luck

J Hill Designs

I got a great deal on an oce cs6060 which is basically the same machine - limped along for 2 years fighting banding etc - finally went the route of ordering wholesale since the battles became longer and tougher - I haven't looked back.

Dutchman

Make sure your caps are clean so that the pumps can pull ink through the heads/prime them. you can go into the service menu and increase the voltage to the heads that are not printing. write down the values before your change them, in case your need to reset them.