• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pickiest customer on the face of the earth

painterjrm

I designed and installed a 4' x 16' printed mural behind a customer's retail counter, looks fabulous. This guy looks past all that is great about it and complains about the abrasion marks from the felt-wrapped squeegee I used to install the film. I felt like reaching through the phone to choke him (I guess that's not nice). Any suggestions as to how to buff out those marks? I swear you need to be in there at the appropriate time of day and see the thing from a 179 degree angle to notice it. Or, shall I just black it out with enamel and see how he likes that?:banghead:

mgieske

If the print has a gloss laminate, use a torch or heat gun to glaze them out. if matte lame, use the same technique but don't heat too much or it will turn to gloss

2B

If the print has a gloss laminate, use a torch or heat gun to glaze them out. if matte lame, use the same technique but don't heat too much or it will turn to gloss

+1 used this technique more than once.

What type of wall was it installed upon? Usually you get the customer complaining that the imperfections on the wall surface are more visible once graphics are installed.

Z SIGNS

The Liberty Bell has cracks and flaws in it and everybody still loves it.

A lot depends on the job and customer.If your charging big busks for perfect piece that going
into to lobby of some wealthy law firm you better deliver something un questionable.

If your makin some gondola scene for a backdrop of a pizza parlor who's not payin much that's different

The problem is customer expectation.
He was expecting something pristine and you probably delivered something less.

Not to say you did a bad job because one offs are hard to make perfect.

I try to read my customers and if I suspect they are going to be anal perfectionists
I do my best to educate them on realistic expectations.Like letting them know their hand painted letters are going to have brush strokes,wood sign post's are going to have have checks and knots,vinyl letters may have some bubbles and flaws etc.