Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picking up where I left off...

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by Anastasi55, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Anastasi55

Anastasi55 Member

May 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    We had a power outage yesterday... My cutting job was about 25% through, is it possible to re-send the cut file and pick up where I left off?

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Probably not

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    If it were a print and cut and If you know about what has been cut and what has not you could just delete those cut lines and press on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Was it a contour cut with registration marks? If so, it should be easy: register it, send the same cut again without the knife, it will follow the same paths, when it gets close to where the power cut out, pause it and put the knife back in.

If it's not, it's pretty doubtful you can finish the cut, but you could send the cut again with the
    stuff that didn't cut, plus one or two things that did cut, for registration, and manually bring the two
    cuts together.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Anastasi55

Anastasi55 Member

May 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    I tried setting the point of origin at the registration mark at the 25% line - and it cut in the wrong spot.... I guess I can just hand cut these as simple rectangular stickers...

6. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    There is no reason to do that; register it normally, send the same exact cut file again without the knife in the carrier, it will follow the same paths, when it gets close to where the power cut out, pause it and put the knife back in.

7. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Thanks Andy - I've had a situation or two where this would have worked - had I thought about it. I'll remember this!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andy D

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Then again, it just occurred to me; you probably sent them without registration marks, if you were not laminating them...

9. Anastasi55

Anastasi55 Member

May 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    I'll have to remember that if it happens again... this print was the last length of a roll that got warped by water damage and I was salvaging what I could...