• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

picking up where I left off...

Anastasi55

We had a power outage yesterday... My cutting job was about 25% through, is it possible to re-send the cut file and pick up where I left off?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
If it were a print and cut and If you know about what has been cut and what has not you could just delete those cut lines and press on.

Andy D

Was it a contour cut with registration marks? If so, it should be easy: register it, send the same cut again without the knife, it will follow the same paths, when it gets close to where the power cut out, pause it and put the knife back in.

If it's not, it's pretty doubtful you can finish the cut, but you could send the cut again with the
stuff that didn't cut, plus one or two things that did cut, for registration, and manually bring the two
cuts together.

Anastasi55

I tried setting the point of origin at the registration mark at the 25% line - and it cut in the wrong spot.... I guess I can just hand cut these as simple rectangular stickers...

Andy D

I tried setting the point of origin at the registration mark at the 25% line - and it cut in the wrong spot.... I guess I can just hand cut these as simple rectangular stickers...

There is no reason to do that; register it normally, send the same exact cut file again without the knife in the carrier, it will follow the same paths, when it gets close to where the power cut out, pause it and put the knife back in.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Was it a contour cut with registration marks? If so, it should be easy: register it, send the same cut again without the knife, it will follow the same paths, when it gets close to where the power cut out, pause it and put the knife back in.

If it's not, it's pretty doubtful you can finish the cut, but you could send the cut again with the
stuff that didn't cut, plus one or two things that did cut, for registration, and manually bring the two
cuts together.
Thanks Andy - I've had a situation or two where this would have worked - had I thought about it. I'll remember this!

Andy D

Then again, it just occurred to me; you probably sent them without registration marks, if you were not laminating them...

Anastasi55

I'll have to remember that if it happens again... this print was the last length of a roll that got warped by water damage and I was salvaging what I could...