• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pics of the new Roland Versa Studio BN 20 Printer/Cutter

Awesome so now all these morons out there who think they are sign guys on the weekends can get rid of their Chinese cutters and buy this and take over the world!
Can't wait!

twister

Why would they make it for 20" media instead of going with the common 24" media capability? I will stick with my good ol' SP-540V. It may be slow but it's been a true workhorse.

Why would they make it for 20" media instead of going with the common 24" media capability? I will stick with my good ol' SP-540V. It may be slow but it's been a true workhorse.

Because most of the users will be trying to run sticky back paper they buy at staples through it!

Mike_Koval

I am confident in this machine to be a great addition to those who want to do full color apparel applications.

We already have a nice stock of 15" and 20" media ready for the machine once it is ready to move.

showcase 66

From what the guy at the show told me it only printed about 50 of those decals in an hour. Seems like it is not fast enough for most shops. He also said it was more for Doming and that kinda think.

I think $8000 is a little steep for something that will only do 20"

I think we could do about 90% of the decals we get orders for on this machine instead of the mutoh falcon I have. Would definately get a better finished print....

hum....

twister

Does anyone ever do that much doming and is it profitable. I have never been asked to do it and for the time/supplies it takes it seems like it's not profitable enough? But, I am a 1-man shop so anything that requires extra labor cuts into my design/sales time.

Custom_Grafx

That machine will also be great for engraving and trophy type shops, and little print/copy places so that they can make stickers in small volume for business clients and students and the such.

Can't wait to find out who gets one in my area so I can tell some of my customers I found a better place for their 1 off, high priority, urgent, must have today orders.

jdoug5170

I'm thinking this will be a nice add on to my larger Roland print and cut. One in the shop, and one in my concession trailer. Gonna cut back on something and save my pennies.

Doug

phototec