• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pigment vinyl

mxr934

I have a hp designjet 5000ps uv printer. I no it's somewhat old technology but I am looking for a high tack vinyl that I will be able to print on. I am using it for snowmobile graphics and have been using Avery products up until this point but it just does not have the tackiness needed for my application. Anyone have any ideas.

heyskull

Please do not use this machine to print these graphics.

I have just binned all our material for our pigment ink machine.
This type of ink and material is only really for use inside, no matter what anyone tells you.
We had so many failures on signs and graphics we had to switch to an solvent printer.
Finding a material that would print and have the amount of adhesion for snowmobile graphics I reckon would be uneconomical and would be better past on to someone that specializes in them.

SC

jasonzapoli

I have a hp designjet 5000ps uv printer. I no it's somewhat old technology but I am looking for a high tack vinyl that I will be able to print on. I am using it for snowmobile graphics and have been using Avery products up until this point but it just does not have the tackiness needed for my application. Anyone have any ideas.

have you had any luck finding material that would work?