• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch Roller Lines

Chad.

I am having a problem with certain materials showing pinch roller lines. Everywhere there are pinch rollers, the color comes out slightly darker ... any ideas on how to fix and avoid this ?

See image.

Attachments

• roller_lines.jpg
    roller_lines.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 86
D

Digitall

If your machine has roller pressure. try adding more rollers and lessening the force. Some material compress where the rollers are. Also keep your rollers clean so nothing is between the rollers and material. Good Luck

Chad.

Clean the rollers every time i put them back in, and use as many as i can depending on media width.

Baz

Certain materials are more sensitive than others. Whenever that hapens to me i just slide the middle pinch rollers off of their spots so they dont go down on the material. Just use the two end pinch rollers.

Chad.

Certain materials are more sensitive than others. Whenever that hapens to me i just slide the middle pinch rollers off of their spots so they dont go down on the material. Just use the two end pinch rollers.

i don't "think" the roland will let you do this ... every time i have a misplaced roller it yells at me.

Baz

i don't "think" the roland will let you do this ... every time i have a misplaced roller it yells at me.

Mine is an older model (sc-500). Only does it to me if i have the end rollers off ... Not with the two center ones, i can move those two out of the way no problem.

G6Signs

I agree with Baz. This has happened to us before and as long as the outside pinch rollers are on their marks, the other ones in the middle don't matter. Hope this helps.

Drip Dry

The middle pinch rollers are made to be removed. They are designed to be used only for heavier banner material. I don't even use them for banner material.
Look near the right hand end where the print head goes back and forth. There is a green identification mark with a slot where you can slide the pinch rollers to that point and remove them.

Jt