• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch Roller Marks (?) On HP Latex 260 (L26500)

junaid

Hello all,

I'm printing on a HP Latex 260 on HP gloss vinyl adhesive. I'm using Flexi for RIP and an ICC profile from Sai. I am getting constant pinch roller marks on my prints. I tried wiping down the rollers and it lessened the severity, but the marks are still there.

Any thoughts? Do my pinch rollers need replacing?

IMG_20200304_190756.jpg
IMG_20200304_190806.jpg

pepford

Hello all,

I'm printing on a HP Latex 260 on HP gloss vinyl adhesive. I'm using Flexi for RIP and an ICC profile from Sai. I am getting constant pinch roller marks on my prints. I tried wiping down the rollers and it lessened the severity, but the marks are still there.

Any thoughts? Do my pinch rollers need replacing?

View attachment 145977 View attachment 145978
Could be the vinyl. I have had similar issues with cheap banner material. Have you used this vinyl before? Try with another vinyl and see if the same happens.

jimmmi

Similar problem with 300 series, pinch rollers showing in printed area is caused by plasticizers of media. Bad roll. Change your roll and see what happens

junaid

Thanks for the help. I figured it out. For anybody reading this in the future, my problem was that there was grease/lubricant from the carriage rail dripping down onto the metal tabs behind the pinchwheel rollers. Removing the pinchwheel rollers and cleaning the tab and the roller itself fixed all the problems