Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinch Roller Marks (?) On HP Latex 260 (L26500)

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by junaid, Mar 7, 2020.

1. junaid

junaid New Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Texas
    Hello all,

I'm printing on a HP Latex 260 on HP gloss vinyl adhesive. I'm using Flexi for RIP and an ICC profile from Sai. I am getting constant pinch roller marks on my prints. I tried wiping down the rollers and it lessened the severity, but the marks are still there.

Any thoughts? Do my pinch rollers need replacing?

IMG_20200304_190756.jpg IMG_20200304_190806.jpg

Tags:
  2. pepford

pepford New Member

May 16, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Could be the vinyl. I have had similar issues with cheap banner material. Have you used this vinyl before? Try with another vinyl and see if the same happens.

3. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Similar problem with 300 series, pinch rollers showing in printed area is caused by plasticizers of media. Bad roll. Change your roll and see what happens

4. junaid

junaid New Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Texas
    Thanks for the help. I figured it out. For anybody reading this in the future, my problem was that there was grease/lubricant from the carriage rail dripping down onto the metal tabs behind the pinchwheel rollers. Removing the pinchwheel rollers and cleaning the tab and the roller itself fixed all the problems

• Like Like x 2