• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch roller marks on print..

jon vital

I'm trying to print a large area of solid colour (a light pink) and I'm getting lines on the print from the pinch rollers. (JV33) What's the likely cause of this?

Rooster

Not enough heat. The only time I ever see pinch roller markings is when the machine is coming up to temp. Once the media hits the right temperature and opens it's pores to the ink it goes away.

Morph1

Print all
lol I deal with it the opposite way I lower the heat and they magically disappear...
PS are they ink marks or do they appear as traces of lighter color ????
anyhow if it ink you ned to clean them if they are the traces tweak the heaters

iceman64

Try to set your pre-print temp 5 degrees Celcius lower then print temp, or set the print temp 5 degrees higher, it might work.

jon vital

the lines were darker than the rest of the print.

The first time it was when printing on Avery 1900 vinyl using rasterlink with the correct profile for that material. Wasted 10 metres of print.

I then printed with shiraz using the sam vinyl but a profile for another avery vinyl. The lines were much more feint but again slightly darker than the rest of the print.

I dont think the rollers are dirty so it's probably a temperature thing.