• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch Rollers not detected on cutter

Jasmin

Founder
I have a HP latex Cutter, Or Summa One rebranded and this error message keeps coming up

"Power off! Pinch rollers not found" when I try to load media. This happened directly after flexi did a firmware update on my cutter.

Anyone have any trouble shooting tips as my cutter currently is not operational?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I've been using Flexi for 20 years and have never heard of Flexi having any sort of ability to update the firmware on a device before??? Its an independent software not specifically related to any brand of hardware (sometimes gets a limited version bundled with some devices though). Typically any firmware updates would come from the manufacturer of the device. Maybe HP OEM Flexi has something like that though....

I'm honestly not sure how you would overcome the issue though. Our Summa detects the pinch roller positions when the carriage moves out across when you first load materials. If it is not detecting any pinch rollers I'd have to wonder if maybe something is dirty on the head carriage or something? If its indeed a firmware update issue then I'd venture to guess you probably will need to contact HP since its an HP oem branded Summa.

cornholio

To upgrade the FW, you need HP CutterControl and HP firmware. Your problem sounds like dirt on the sensor, or a broken sensor.

cornholio

There just was a message from Summa about a new firmware addressing an issue like this. You need to wait for the HP to release this update...