• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinch rollers streaking media

I have a CJV30 160 and when I run Phototex it leaves a slight residue of its coating on the pinch rollers. So when I switch to a normal vinyl the pinch rollers leave an impression on the prints. I have cleaned them with alcohol and after about 6-8 feet or media it usually goes away. But after the last time I ran Phototex I cannot get the roller marks to go away.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how I can fix this?

MikeD

I've seen the same thing on some of our Mimakis using different material. The only thing I have been able to do is run sacrificial material through the printer in an attempt to soak up whatever residue was transferred to the rollers. I've run Phototex without this residue issue, but I have seen it using other vinyls.
I don't know the cause, but would love to know the solution!
I wonder if the pre and print heats are set too high when this happens?

genericname

I've noticed sliiiiightly less severe streaking with our Mimakis when the heat's turned down, but if we go from a vinyl to a banner material, there's no avoiding it. I just run the same foot or so of stock back and forth half a dozen times, and the problem's gone. Need a lead anyway.