• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Pinch Scan motor error 0080

Maurice

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site and this is my first post. Hoping someone on here can help me out

My Roland VS-640 machine has malfunctioned due to the negligence of one of the staff. He failed to properly align a pinch roller before powering up the machine, this resulted in the carriage crashing into the pinch roller and one of the sensors becoming dislodged . I believe it is the 'Sensor Interupter'

Initially the machine gave me the error code "PINCHROLL ERROR INVALID RIGHTPOS".

After reconnecting the sensor to the clip, I powered on the machine and it now gives me the error message " scan motor error 0080"

Is there a way to test if the sensor is functioning correctly and how do i clear the error code?

Anyone have any similar experience? Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Maurice