• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pinchroll Error - Lower Pinchroll

jr_t1t

Long story short, I cant seem to get a tech in my area to replace a main board on my VP-540 for less than $1500 (and a month out at that) so I'm stuck trying to play tech. Couldnt get the Peck tool to read parameters on my old main board so I've been going through the process the hard way. I've gotten to step 14 (of 20) and I'm trying to set the Linear Encoder...however, every time I try it gives me an error saying "PINCHROLL ERROR LOWER PINCHROLL" even though my pinchrolls are down. Anyone got any ideas on how to get it to recognize that they are down?

Thanks guys.

jr_t1t

Took battery out of main board with main power unplugged for a few minutes and that fixed it. Must've had pinch rollers down at the beginning when I was going through everything is the only thing I can think of.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Look for micro switch that arm activates. Make sure its working.

jr_t1t

I've got it back up and running (for the most part.) Just have to fine tune a few things like getting my sheet cut arm to drop and cut.

Also, does anyone know how to get the display back to reading inches/Fahrenheit instead of mm/Celsius?

ams

Are your pinchrollers correctly aligned in the blue dash area? Outside of that will cause an error.

mleg1972

I've got it back up and running (for the most part.) Just have to fine tune a few things like getting my sheet cut arm to drop and cut.

Also, does anyone know how to get the display back to reading inches/Fahrenheit instead of mm/Celsius?
Turn off soft power. Hold down menu and turn soft power on. Set your preferences.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk