• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pipa/sopa

knucklehead

Just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions on the gov. getting involved in another aspect of our day, to day lives.

I understand the gist of it, preventing piracy of copyrighted materials, but we all know what happens when big brother pokes it's nose in our business. Plus, we won't know what all it encompasses, "until it's passed". The fine print.

Locals Find!

I started another thread on this a few days ago with a Poll. I linked to where you can see the full text of the bill that is currently in the house.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
For signs101.com this will be an important bill since if anyone posts anything that is infringing in any way ... the site, it's financial support and it's search listing can be ripped away without any notice or recourse. for most of use that do online business this is particularly bad for the same reason ... this bill will stagnate innovation on the internet and destroy sites like google, wikipedia, twitter and facebook. As well as a lot of the open source code on the web (for websites, programs and the such) can easily get ripped down because in the vaguest sense someone owns the copyright to that idea. No more wordpress, joomla, drupal, inkscape, gimp, etc, etc, etc, etc.

One bad set of laws I'll say that for free.

By the way, today wikipedia and reddit are amongst the few doing a blackout of their web presence in protest of these 2 bills.

Mike F

Wordpress is doing the blackout as well. If you have a blog on there you can either opt-in or just display a ribbon on your website.