• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pipe Sign Mounting Bracket

dfelty

Does anyone have any experience with mounting signage to a frame similar to the attached picture. The pipe is approx. 1.25" diameter. I was thinking something similar to the bracket that I have a attached, but I cannot find it in any other post diameter besides 3". The other thing I was thinking was grommets in the sign and cables or chains to hold the sign from the top and down the sides. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 225
  • clam-shell-style-clamp-w-1-x3-tab-black-1.jpg
    clam-shell-style-clamp-w-1-x3-tab-black-1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 82

Stacey K

I like making signs
Yes, what Texas said! Last year I had the same question and I ended up using a bracket similar to this. Worked out great! And my customer was on a budget so she was super happy!

1632436595818.png

Billct2

Yep, the fence hardware work fine, though I think Grimco has pipe brackets designed for traffic signs.

dfelty

Thanks for the response guys. I'll take a look at Lowes this evening. I checked grimco's site as well as several other suppliers. The smallest pipe size I found for the brackets was 2.5" diameter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than that kinda bracket setup, you might consider drilling through it and putting eyebolts in it, instead. Both along the sides and the top, to reduce any swinging, or it's gonna hit that wall.