• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pistol Pete

ba1980

Where can I get Pistol Pete (Oklahoma State mascot)? I've got a guy that wants one for his truck.

Thanks
ba1980

hammered

Google it, save it and redraw it by hand. Hes only 2 color so it shouldnt be more than an hour?!? Now, before the others kick in, he a copyrighted image of OSU and many here will want to pound on you for reproducing it at any number.

Its and easy redraw depending on the software youre using.

ba1980

I just got around to trying to cut it the other day, but it didn't go so well. I think someone on here mentioned node crazy. I'm not sure what that is, but I think that is what it was doing. It ended up cutting through the backing (the cutter never does that with other projects).

What do I need to do to get it to cut nice smooth lines?

Shovelhead

reduce your nodes and make sure that no objects are duplicated
on top of each other. It's a sad state of affairs when the owner puts out
non-production ready artwork....but maybe it's for printing.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you're cutting through the liner it is almost for sure that there a duplicate vectors laying on top of eachother. If you want to send me an EPS or AI version of the file I have some Illustrator plugins that will get rid of them.

Shovelhead

If you're cutting through the liner it is almost for sure that there a duplicate vectors laying on top of eachother. If you want to send me an EPS or AI version of the file I have some Illustrator plugins that will get rid of them.

Oh?
Do tell please!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've uploaded them before but here they are again. They are freeware.

Select is a plugin that adds a number of object selection capabilities to the Illustrator Select Menu including the ability to select unfilled paths and open paths.

WR-removeDuplicates is a Javascript that will look for overlaid paths with no fills in any selection and remove them automatically.

I usually use both for finding and removing these paths because the WR-removeDuplicates script is good but not perfect.

Attachments

• WR-removeDuplicates.zip
    2 KB · Views: 134
  • Select CS.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 120

Pat Whatley

Wow!! I wish all Universities/Colleges posted vector art on their website...

They probably would but somehow people seem to "forget" to read the part explaining you've got to pay an annual fee for usage and there are usage guidelines. http://osu.okstate.edu/osu_id/crafters I love the idea of a small, once a year fee for small time users, like most sign shops would be for something like that.

Just because it's available doesn't make it free.