• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pitbull encounter closing shop tonight

equippaint

was closing up around 7:30 and walked around the back of the shop (open awning) to wash my hands and a pit mix was right there and starts aggressively running up on me barking. I grabbed the trashcan and put it in front of me, dog stopped, growled and circled around. The front door to our paintbboth was open so thought id get it in there and lock him in. Got him to go in but he got sketchy so backed out I went in and shut the door. He was jumping up and was afraid hed come in where the filters fell out so went and sat in a truck that was in there and called police. Was in there about 30 minutes waiting. They came and took the dog back to the owner. I was and am still mad. Had my 6 year old daughter at the shop today outside playing and that could have been a disaster. Our painter said its been prowling around but this is the first close encounter.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We are overrun with strays here but the only dog that has ever bitten me was my Dad's doberman.
People need to control their pets or lose them. What are the animal control rules back there?
Maybe some of this is in order in case he comes back:
self defense.jpg

equippaint

Dogs have to be leashed but its all industrial where were at except a trailer park. Its not all that close but the likely home for more than 1 reason.
We keep finding dead animals on our property (armadillo, 2 rabbits, racoon, opossum) and initially thought it was the bobcat we see. Its definately the dog. Wish the cops shot it but Ill be ready for next time.

signage

If you shoot it also make sure you have an attorney on retainer! Just because you have a permit doesn't make it not a civil law case.

Johnny Best

I am sure you could justify your life being in danger with a pit bull trying to attack you. And now even more since he called the police on this first incident.

Johnny Best

We are overrun with strays here but the only dog that has ever bitten me was my Dad's doberman.
People need to control their pets or lose them. What are the animal control rules back there?
Maybe some of this is in order in case he comes back:
View attachment 141742

And did you hear "sic em" right before your Dad's doberman bit you? That would explain a lot.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Years ago my family and I were visiting my wife's sister and her family. They were kind enough to put us up in there home but they also had a Chow. It wasn't kid friendly. My kids were really young at the time and they would run around the house playing and would often trip over the dog. It growled a few times and pounced on my son once but just stared at him.before i stepped in. They insisted the dog had never bitten anyone. Fast forward to a few nights later. We were sitting at the dinner table and the dog was standing next to my son watching every bite. Something I can't stand any pet owner to allow. NOT IN MY HOUSE. The dog finally jumped on my son and ripped a huge gash in his head! I wanted to kill the dog right then and there.To this day I regret not doing it. My wife rushed our son to the ER.15 staples and many stitches.We left furiously and the dumbasses kept the dog. Even heard the dog had bitten the brother-in-law later on.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That dog would've been splattered up against the wall, in split second. Those dogs are known for that stuff around kids. They shoulda known better and kept the dog locked up.

equippaint

They shoulda known better and kept the dog locked up.
Screw that, get rid of it especially when you already know its bad around kids. There are plenty of docile dogs that need homes and there is no reason in the world to keep a vicious or potentially vicious animal around.
You see these stories all of the time and people being surprised after their dog mauls a child. It pisses me off, especially when it's someone getting attacked that's totally unrelated to the dog owner and had no choice in the matter. It was such a good dog, I don't know what happened.

Johnny Best

Myront, did your son have a lasting scar from that bite? Always had a fear for my kids around friend's dogs. "O hes OK he never bites".