• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Pixelation occurs when printer starts

MF Matthew

"Give me PRINTING or give me DEATH"
I'm having issues with my printer. I have an HP Latex 360 and every time I go to print a file, on whichever media, it seems to get a little pixelated, just about the first inch of the print. After that, it is fine. I have cleaned all the printheads, changed medias, printed multiple file types, etc... I am not sure what can be causing this. I also have an HP Latex 335 and this never has happened on this printer. What is causing this to be an issue?

Attachments

• 20200221_120041.jpg
    20200221_120041.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 228

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hard to tell since you show a small sample of the whole print. It looks like this is a very low pass....like 4 or 6 pass? Whenever there is very small text, I run a 12 or even 16 pass. I've never seen anything get pixelated on only the beginning of or only a portion of a whole print. It's either all or none.

MF Matthew

"Give me PRINTING or give me DEATH"
Hard to tell since you show a small sample of the whole print. It looks like this is a very low pass....like 4 or 6 pass? Whenever there is very small text, I run a 12 or even 16 pass. I've never seen anything get pixelated on only the beginning of or only a portion of a whole print. It's either all or none.
It only happens at the leading edge of a print. The print, provided was small already. That is the best pic I could get.

I'm having issues with my printer. I have an HP Latex 360 and every time I go to print a file, on whichever media, it seems to get a little pixelated, just about the first inch of the print. After that, it is fine. I have cleaned all the printheads, changed medias, printed multiple file types, etc... I am not sure what can be causing this. I also have an HP Latex 335 and this never has happened on this printer. What is causing this to be an issue?

Hi I am also having difficulty trying to figure this one out. We have many of the 360's and all other latex units. Where are you located? If too far, maybe trade it in on another 360? Just an idea. I am sure if we had it, we'd be able to figure out the issue. We've only worked on about 2500 Hp Latex units. Lol thanks, www.Wideimagesolutions.com

greysquirrel

the print looks like its out of registration. How old is unit? Have you refiled the carriage rail oiler? Is the rail oiled? What about the ad on the left side of the carriage? If the problem goes away, it could just be the carriage getting itself moving in dirty conditions.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

This is because of the vacuum, after loading media advance it a little bit untill it covers all the platten area, better till it starts to show coming out from the dryer, then start print and all this will be history.

Tizz

I sometimes get this on my Roland on the first print of the day.
Ended up creating a colour bar strip around 15mm squares for each cmyk colour and repeated this for the entire length of the media width. Will always will print this strip first on any media for the first print of the day.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I sometimes get this on my Roland on the first print of the day.
Ended up creating a colour bar strip around 15mm squares for each cmyk colour and repeated this for the entire length of the media width. Will always will print this strip first on any media for the first print of the day.
That's a smart method to overcome this issue.