Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"pixelation" & spot colors.

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mander0104, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mander0104

mander0104 Member

Jun 15, 2005
    We have a Roland pc-60 and I was attempting to cut some one color blue decals, and for some reason the blue came out lighter than i was hoping and it appears pixelated, i'm wondering if anyone would know the cause of this???

I'm also unfamiliar how to use spot colors. As I said above I'm trying to print one color decals (blue in this case) and I dont know how to tell the printer to use just the blue spot color ribbon that i installed, and not CMYK. Anyone know how to do this.

PS I run my printing from Signlab. (going to post the same concern there).

Tags:
  2. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    you have to add the blue and define as spot in color pallet & design.

3. Rod

Rod Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Load spot foil palette

With the Thermal Module, installations of SignLab include an assortment of manufacturer palettes with foil colors.
    1. Go Options menu >> Palette >> Open Manufacturer Palette.
    2. From the SignLab install directory, go Palettes >> Foils >> Roland, and choose the “rolandpc60.pal” file.
    3. Note that some of the colors have “SF” to indicate spot foils.
    4. From what you describe, you want the Spot Blue that has a cartridge number = 22.
    Keep in mind that you can drag manufacturer colors into the Shop Palette, or set a manufacturer palette as your default.

If you apply colors directly from a manufacturer palette, then they will get appended to end of the Shop Palette.

Does this help?

Rod at CADlink