• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"pixelation" & spot colors.

mander0104

We have a Roland pc-60 and I was attempting to cut some one color blue decals, and for some reason the blue came out lighter than i was hoping and it appears pixelated, i'm wondering if anyone would know the cause of this???

I'm also unfamiliar how to use spot colors. As I said above I'm trying to print one color decals (blue in this case) and I dont know how to tell the printer to use just the blue spot color ribbon that i installed, and not CMYK. Anyone know how to do this.

PS I run my printing from Signlab. (going to post the same concern there).

Rod

Load spot foil palette

With the Thermal Module, installations of SignLab include an assortment of manufacturer palettes with foil colors.
  1. Go Options menu >> Palette >> Open Manufacturer Palette.
  2. From the SignLab install directory, go Palettes >> Foils >> Roland, and choose the “rolandpc60.pal” file.
  3. Note that some of the colors have “SF” to indicate spot foils.
  4. From what you describe, you want the Spot Blue that has a cartridge number = 22.
Keep in mind that you can drag manufacturer colors into the Shop Palette, or set a manufacturer palette as your default.

If you apply colors directly from a manufacturer palette, then they will get appended to end of the Shop Palette.

Does this help?

Rod at CADlink