Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning to buy Mimaki UCJV 300 to print white ink - thoughts?

Discussion in 'User Product Reviews' started by cmxdigital, May 22, 2019.

1. cmxdigital

cmxdigital New Member

May 24, 2011
    Evansville, Indiana
    In a couple of days (after a demo tomorrow) we think we will buy this printer. Any and all thoughts would be welcome.

Dave O'Dell

Tags:
  2. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    We are in the same boat also comparing to the new Ricoh L5160 w/ White. Pricing is about 30% less but print speed is 30-60% faster. Downside is no 5 layer printing or texture printing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plopez210

Plopez210 Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    We absolutely love the UCJV300,

We had ours for about a year and never had one issue. Prints beautifully the white ink is a blast to have. We do a ton of school cafeteria graphics and usually do cool effects with it, white and 5 layered. We have been tinkering around and trying to print double sided perf or custom patterns films like 3M Fasaras

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plopez210

Plopez210 Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    white pattern on clear

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zendavor Signs

Zendavor Signs Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Peoria, IL
    I've been looking at this machine too. How is the white ink if not used every day?

6. Plopez210

Plopez210 Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Texas
    Ink has been great never had white clog at all, not one nozzle in any color. Shake the white once a week and bam system will cycle it

7. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    That's good to hear that actual usability is as good as Mimaki touts

8. J W Thoms

J W Thoms New Member

May 10, 2019
    Georgetown, Ontario
    I have also been looking at this machine. I have not found many user review. I found some reviews that were not good. We have 2 Mimaki ecosolve printers and love them. I am looking for the white feature. If anyone else has thoughts on this machine, please post