• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic grocery type bags

CentralSigns

Hi guys. I have a customer and friend that runs a clothing store. They would like to have a plastic bag made with the store logo and some artwork. They want me to build the art file and source out cost to have these produced. I am also curious if the border is opened to these products regarding duty and taxes. If there is a merchant member or anyone who knows a supplier for this type of product please let me know, as I would like to help my friend out with this.

royster13

Supplying stuff like that to a retail outlet in a tough nut to crack.....I usually refer them to www.polypak.ca in Vancouver....They bring them in from China by the container load.....

CentralSigns

I thought the goal was to reduce the use of plastic bags?

Good answer point taken. The store is a small clothing store and not a grocery store. They may have not thought of that issue. We live in a mountain community and you are right a more earthy product might be better for business. Any suggestions on a type of bag that is more "Green", but at a low enough cost that they don't have to add 10% to every sale to cover costs. I think reusable cloth would be to expensive unless they are very cheap. Thanks for the replies so far.

G-Artist

Thomas Register is your friend here.

We are lucky in that we have a local supplier who has numerous bags and boxes available that they sell to the boutique store retail trade. We get the high luster paper shopping bags (with handles) we need from them to screen print for a few of our clients.

The std. 'grocery store' type bags are printed on high speed presses where the press could print about 800-1000 bags in the time it takes to light a cigarette. You really need a decent quantity to get any sort of livable price.

The ad specialty guys are the ones to see for short runs. Lots to choose from as to style, construction, die cut, full-color process, etc.