• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic shipping spacers for vinyl rolls

Vinyldog

I've collected hundreds of the plastic core-mounts used to space the rolls of vinyl for shipping. I call them "feet" because I also used them to set the 54" rolls on after I unpack them.
The local recycling place says they can't take them for some reason. Even though they are marked as a 2.

Are there any vinyl converters out there who would be interested in re-using them?

I was originally going to mount them like tile to form an acoustic wall in my recording room but it looks like that's not going to happen now.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Would be nice to know if someone has a use for these. Too bad so many are just tossed.

3M, Oracal, Avery, Etc should commission some creative Pinterest projects using them to drive up demand in the secondary market. Maybe they could make stuff so cool that people would actually buy them from us!

ams

I have over 100 in my shop, but always try to keep a couple dozen extra for when I buy new products.
One use I've found is to put your 1/2" wood signs on, so you can paint the edges and not get it on the table. Also good if your building leaks to keep things off the floor.

Sign Works

I keep a few around for digital media and lam film, the rest go in the dumpster.

Attachments

• 951.jpg
    951.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 506

Vinyldog

I have them stacked in 54in media boxes. So they would be fairly economical to ship as long as they didn't have to travel too far.

Pippin Decals

How much would anyone sell these for? , im possibly interested in maybe 6-12 pair depending on price per pair. I live in California.

Vinyldog

So there is no confusion, this is what we are talking about. They are 6.5in square. I can give you an address and if you want to send me a prepaid call tag I'll send them to you.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    743.5 KB · Views: 440

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
sending you a message

While you're in the mood I've got a couple of grapefruit rinds filled with coffee grounds that might interest you as well.

Why do some of you obsess about tossing your trash in the trash? Not matter what you do with these chunks of plastic or anything else for that matter, recycle, heave them into the dumpster, send them to some third world hell-hole, you're not going to have any effect on anything. Absolutely none. Zero. Zip. Nada.You're not 'saving the planet' [which isn't and has never been in need saving] or whatever goody two-shoes thing you think that you're doing, rather you're acting like fools.

ikarasu

While you're in the mood I've got a couple of grapefruit rinds filled with coffee grounds that might interest you as well.

Why do some of you obsess about tossing your trash in the trash? Not matter what you do with these chunks of plastic or anything else for that matter, recycle, heave them into the dumpster, send them to some third world hell-hole, you're not going to have any effect on anything. Absolutely none. Zero. Zip. Nada.You're not 'saving the planet' [which isn't and has never been in need saving] or whatever goody two-shoes thing you think that you're doing, rather you're acting like fools.

This is the kind of thinking that leads to the planet becoming the way it is. Only ignorant, uneducated people would willingly destroy the place they live in. I guess you could always believe Global warming is something that China made up though... In that case, carry on, no arguing with that logic.

ams

You need to watch "Adam ruins everything"

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This is the kind of thinking that leads to the planet becoming the way it is. Only ignorant, uneducated people would willingly destroy the place they live in. I guess you could always believe Global warming is something that China made up though... In that case, carry on, no arguing with that logic.

So tell me, just how is this planet different in any substantial way from what it was in the past? I'm experiencing my 8th decade here on Urth and I see no noteworthy difference in any aspect of this planet over that time.

Do you have any actual evidence that supports your global warming/climate change/whatever position. This means real live evidence not projections generated via computerized modeling. Do you have a falsifiable hypothesis? A critical experiment than confirms your hypothesis? If so trot it out. If not, put a sock in it.

Climate has been changing since there's been climate. Do you pose that there is some climate state that is optimum? If you pose that the human race is somehow responsible for whatever change might be occurring then it's incumbent upon you to demonstrate what the climate would be if there were no human race? For extra credit then demonstrate that whichever way the climate might be moving is bad.

Until you demonstrate these things you have nothing. Put up or shut up.

Johnny Best

Irarasu went to the Al Gore movie on climate change so he is a believer. He got extra credit for going to see it.

ikarasu

So tell me, just how is this planet different in any substantial way from what it was in the past? I'm experiencing my 8th decade here on Urth and I see no noteworthy difference in any aspect of this planet over that time.

Do you have any actual evidence that supports your global warming/climate change/whatever position. This means real live evidence not projections generated via computerized modeling. Do you have a falsifiable hypothesis? A critical experiment than confirms your hypothesis? If so trot it out. If not, put a sock in it.

Climate has been changing since there's been climate. Do you pose that there is some climate state that is optimum? If you pose that the human race is somehow responsible for whatever change might be occurring then it's incumbent upon you to demonstrate what the climate would be if there were no human race? For extra credit then demonstrate that whichever way the climate might be moving is bad.

Until you demonstrate these things you have nothing. Put up or shut up.

I had a feeling you were one of "Those" ;)

Can you prove that we're not responsible for climate change? EVERY country except 2 signed the paris accord, because EVERY scientist, including US scientists have evidence of global warming. Theres a ton of information out there, I could spend hours searching and linking it... but I'm sure I'd get some sort of insane excuse as to why it's "Fake", so I'll leave it at that. I will say though, Everyone who should know about Climate change such as scientists, universities, people who are actually paid to study the cause/effect of pollution, they all say there is Climate change. Trump denies it. I get a lot of people are trump supporters... And theres nothing wrong with that, it's a free country. But why take his word for it over not one, but millions of experts? It feels like just because you don't (And him) Understand how something works, it must be "Fake". I believe trump is a denier because he's interested in oil, and it'd affect his Agenda. He's not a dumb guy.

But even if you don't believe in climate change. Why pollute our world with plastic? All the plastic that gets into the ocean kills all the fish / wild life, Something we as humans have been over farming. In your life time, maybe not even in your kids lifetime, but probably in your grandkids lifetime it's going to be a huge problem. You can be selfish and say thats their problem, believe somehow science will come up with a solution before it is a problem, or... whatever you want. No one is forcing you to recycle, or care about the planet. But if someone else comes here looking for advice on how to... there's no point in ridiculing them about it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

because EVERY scientist, including US scientists have evidence of global warming.
You might want to retract this, there is a growing swell of scientists globally on both sides of the political fence that are showing support against Human Caused Climate Change.

There are several strong theories that suggest the soon to happen magnetic polarity shift is the primary cause of climate change as it has been 100% demonstrable throughout studied history; every Ice age, Massive earth disaster (aside from extraterrestrial), and long term drought can be coincided with our own earths flip flop.

Johnny Best

I am not saying there is no climate change or it is not happening, but I drive a car, take plane rides, run a solvent printer and don't take my waste and mulch it either. Also realize that in a few years the seaway close to the North Pole will be opened for ships to pass through.
I also buy paper and plastics while the forest are being cut down. Unless you live off the grid, quit giving advice on how people should think and don't be hurt when someone ridicules you for your beliefs. All the "smart" people use to say the world was flat, and maybe bob's ancestors did not believe it and joined Columbus's crew.
You remind me of the rock stars when they did not want nuclear power plants and held concerts against it, they had to have electric to plug their amps into so you could hear their babble while their Lear jets set on the runways.
So turn off your lights,your printer and plotter don't buy vinyl or paper and get off the internet and go outside and get a tan from the warm sun so you will be ready for the heat we will have more of, but you will look healthy with some color.