• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Playground sign material?

dakotasignwerks

I have a client looking for a sign for several playgrounds. They need to be extremely durable and kid resistant. What substrate has been working best for these type of applications? Also, which vinyl/ overlam would be best? I currently use Arlon and Oracal to print on and various laminates.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
.080 aluminum with rounded corners and screen print them for durability. Other than theft or complete vandalism.... these will be pretty much... everything proof.

If you use die-cut vinyl, it will be picked apart. If you use digital prints, they'll be peeled off. Kids are much smarter than you give them credit for.

Jillbeans

Exactly what Gino said.
.080, r/c.
I did pool signs oh about 10 years back in cut vynull then had them professionally coated with automotive clear. Kids still picked off the letters to make rude words.
The little darlings.
Love.....Jill

dakotasignwerks

then the next question would be where can I get a quote for doing the screen printing to the aluminum? Are there any merchant members that do this specifically?

wes70

Yep. What Gino and Jill said. If it is a small order you could use a paint mask and the proper paint.

dakotasignwerks

it now appears the client would like just one sign. not multiple. ugh! would direct print to aluminum be an option, if it is even available. I understand the minimum qtys for screen printing is a deterant for most wholesalers. thanks wes70 that may be the option I have to take.