• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please come in - advise on nozzle test pattern

teamrolex

Hello,

please look at my nozzle check (attached).
This is how the 2 black looks like (the rest of colors are 99~100%).

I wonder if it's normal to have the left and right with similar (??) drop outs (top and bottom lines). They progressively lose it but seems 1 side is mirroring the other from what I can see.
Of course I wish to get these back, but just checking on your experience with this to see if it's something other than the MS or lines etc . .

MS is cleaned weekly and all lines are clear. wiper and wiper assembly also very clean and moves freely. Recently replaced cap top (but nozzle check still the same).

I have not touched the head-side of the printer (ie : checked the damer/o'ring).

Thank for any help/suggestions.

vj1204 K drop.jpg

heyskull

It could be the head cable failing.
The Maintenance Station maybe is not sealing against the head.
Also how old is the head as if over 4 years old or more it will probably need replaced along with MS and head cable?.

SC

Vinylman

More details please!

Unless I missed something you failed to tell us

PRINTER TYPE
PRINT HEAD TYPE
INK TYPE
AGE OF PRINT HEAD

You should ALWAYS provide complete details of your problem. Leaving out DETAILS will get you incomplete responses that may not help you solve your situation.

teamrolex

Vj1204
Dx5
Orig ink
Head is 1.5 yrs old

Thanks

Unless I missed something you failed to tell us

PRINTER TYPE
PRINT HEAD TYPE
INK TYPE
AGE OF PRINT HEAD

You should ALWAYS provide complete details of your problem. Leaving out DETAILS will get you incomplete responses that may not help you solve your situation.

teamrolex

I did a bit more work to try find the problem.

The cap top was from ebay (china copy).
And its not sealing with the head properly.
So that i suspect made the black worse.

Changed back to original and sucking was strong and good.

I will do a couple more cleans see if i can bring the black back to 100%.

Fyi i used ebay knock off wiper and that made a lot of mess around the MS.

Time to source for original mutoh parts :)

Karen-Kang

I did a bit more work to try find the problem.

The cap top was from ebay (china copy).
And its not sealing with the head properly.
So that i suspect made the black worse.

Changed back to original and sucking was strong and good.

I will do a couple more cleans see if i can bring the black back to 100%.

Fyi i used ebay knock off wiper and that made a lot of mess around the MS.

Time to source for original mutoh parts :)

If the cap top has not been worn out, do not need replace.
the wiper you also replaced?

teamrolex

The old but orig cap top worked better than the new ebay one.

Same goes for the wiper.

Its not the problem of regular (or even over) maintenance but my choice of replacement parts and i am paying for this mistake.

Biker Scout

The tubes under the capping station are clogged. I've explained how to fix this many times. Use search function.

teamrolex

ok I am not getting any improvement on the black after a few machine cleanings.
I am thinking to block the lines under the captop and fill it up to the brim with cleaning solution and park the head there see if the K will improve.

1 question though, will the colors cross contaminate if I park the head like this too long ?
and how long is too long ?
I am thinking of doing a few rounds of such soaking, each time 1 hour or so.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

FatCat

ok I am not getting any improvement on the black after a few machine cleanings.
I am thinking to block the lines under the captop and fill it up to the brim with cleaning solution and park the head there see if the K will improve.

1 question though, will the colors cross contaminate if I park the head like this too long ?
and how long is too long ?
I am thinking of doing a few rounds of such soaking, each time 1 hour or so.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Yes, typically you will get some cross contamination anytime you have anything in contact with the nozzles on the head. The longer it sits, the more it works back up into your lines.

What I would suggest is to use a small piece of coffee filter and soak it with cleaning solution. Place it on the cap top and park the head on it for about 1/2 an hour, then do a clean with the printer, then nozzle check and continue with this until you recover your nozzles.

Biker Scout

If your bottom lines under the capping station were really clean, you'd get suction. Ink may flow through them, even solvent may flow through them. But I promise, unless you physically pulled out a long gunk tube from inside the drain tubes, you are still not pulling enough vacuum. The ink cakes on the inside walls of the tube. Pull them out and squeeze them. You can feel the dried ink inside.

Also, there is a small white hose connector right under the capping station. It's where the smaller tubes from the caping station run into a larger tube that eventually goes to the peristaltic pump. Lose that little plastic connector piece. And just squeeze the smaller hose inside the larger hose. Much better flow from here on out.