Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please give me your oppinion cjv30

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Jan Ritter, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Jan Ritter

Jan Ritter New Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Norway
    [​IMG]I have the oppurtunity to buy a mimaki cjv30-160 for about 500 dollars.
    It needs repair. The printhead are out, so I need some new parts. Have gotten price from
    Alibaba on Mimaki cjv30 green connector eco solvent based dx5 print head, ink pump,
    wiper, damper, data cable, Price around 1500 dollars.
    Attached picture of the machine and the printhead area.
    The printer starts up, and can be used as a cutter at this point. Does this look
    like a recoverable project. Thanks for any inputs.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Zach Starr

Zach Starr Head of Printing Operations

Nov 9, 2018
    Santa Ana, CA
    Its not bad deal for $ 1500. but just make sure if the cost goes around $ 3000-4000, don't do it. As chances are it might have more failures going forward. You will be better off using it as a decent cutter at just $ 500, and get a stratojet hawk or epson surecolor print only machine, i think they are offering printers around $7000 or less

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you can get it working then it will be a solid printer. We still have our CJV30 and it’s a tank.

4. Jan Ritter

Jan Ritter New Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Norway
    Thanks for the inputs. I got a couple more photos today. I will attach them. Seems like a spare cappingstation, and I asked for a picture of the cappingstation in the machine.
    I guess what concerns me are the fact that the machine has been sitting for over a year without being used. If the tubes are clogged it may be a hell of a job to fix that.
    Also, I see a few youtube videos on how to change cappingstation and printhead on JV33 machines. I guess its the same procedure on the CJV?

Attached Files: