• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help!! Banding and over spray issues Roland SG

VisibleEdge

I have a Roland SG300

The Magenta began banding one day after a series of prints heavy on solid red coloring.
I changed out the printer head, Brand new damper, brand new Caps. Checked all the lines for kinks or air gaps ect...
Everything seems fine, though I did notice that the diaphragm on the Magenta pressure release valve isn't taking on a convex shape
when under pressure like the other 3 colors.

The problem not only persisted with the magenta head but then began to get over spray on the the black head as I was doing repairs.
After days of taking the machine apart and running diagnostics I finally decided to try running the head speed at a lower rate during print testing.
Simply changing the head speed from the default 1184 mm/sec to 1000 mm/sec seemed to fix all issues.

So I can now continue using the printer but... I want to know what the hell is going on!!
Why does my machine suddenly require a slower head speed?

Attachments

• Printer trouble shooting-01.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 119