• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help Blue Ink Line Has Air - Lost Prime

njteaser

Hi All,

Got a serious problem and my printer is down. Roland SP300. One of my workers made a big mistake, the blue cartridge was out of ink, so he taped the sensor and put the cartrifge back in tricking the machine to think it was a new cartridge and now there is air in the blue ink feed line and even though I put a new cartridge in it will not print blue at all. I can see air in the line. I tried everything from pump, and head cleaning in the maintaince menu but nada. Please can someone explain how to get the prime back in the line, need to print!

Thanks,

NJ

J Hill Designs

the damper is above the printhead ... or you can pull the pump line from below the capping station and syringe from there...just dont force the pull...gentle!

njteaser

Ok got ya, I removed the metal plate above the 4 dampers, so I have access to them, but how does the damper come out, what is the best way to remove it?

the damper is above the printhead ... or you can pull the pump line from below the capping station and syringe from there...just dont force the pull...gentle!

njteaser

Update. Got the damper off, pulled ink through the damper reconnected it but still not printing blue. I can see through the side of the damper that it is full half way with blue ink. Any suggestions?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
when the head is resting on the cap, put the syringe on the end of the pump line and draw the ink thru. then do 1-2 cleaning cycles and you'll be off to the races....

njteaser

UPDATE 2,

Ok here is the situation, I sucessfully removed the damper, used a syringe to get the ink there, so the damper has ink in it (I can only get it half full) but now it will not print blue or black! I did the head cleaning many times, nothing... So I thought that it may be the pump, thats the only thing that could not cause it to prime correctly (if it wasent sucking) but yes it is sucking because I unplugged the tube from the pump and put it in a glass of water and it pumped fine out the other end. I completely removed the cap tops and all of there tubes just incase of a clog and blew all the lines out and cleaned teh cap tops completely, nothing on black and blue! WTF! If i look in the little windows on the side of the dampers, all 4 of the are either half or 3/4 full, is that an issue? should the dampers be full? why wont the pump suck through the captops and shoot ink out, this is insane, any help is much appreciated.

signage

Is either the black or blue ink showing in the caping station?

Did you try what DDarlak said?

How long has the printer been run without ink going into the blue chanel? The ink actually is a coolant for the Pizos