Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help "Cannot Open Port"

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by InkSlinger61, Mar 22, 2009.

1. InkSlinger61

InkSlinger61 New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Everytime i try to print anything i get an error saying "Cannot Open Port"

Tags:
  2. Graphics2u

Graphics2u Very Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Iowa
    most likely you have the port set wrong in production manager for your printer. or you ned to shut the printer off and let it start up again. Is it running on TCP/IP address?

3. InkSlinger61

InkSlinger61 New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    i believe so but im not completly sure

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Try turning off you firwall! If this causes it to work then you need to add an exception!

5. luggnut

luggnut Very Active Member

is your printer connected directly to your computer? did you assign the IP? i had my printer setup thru a switch and when we had some internet problems.... it changed something and i had to reset my ip... so i finally got a computer just for the printer.

i'm not a network expert so i can't explain in great detail what was happening with the switch and our service... but i had to reset my IP several times before i got a dedicated computer.

6. LenXIII

LenXIII Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Tampa Area, FL
    Have you had the printer running before or is this your first time setting up?

Make sure you set your IP on your nic card to user specified. Also make sure you set the IP on your printer (make sure they are different.) Then finally make sure you give the correct ip in Flexi for your printer. Im not an expert, but I am pretty sure thats all you have to do. I set my ip for example on my nic card to 72.72.72.73 and then the printer to 72.72.72.74 and made 72.72.72.74 the ip in flexi. Im running fine...

7. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona