• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help magenta not printing on SP-300v

GRIMREAPER

Well today my magenta stoped printing in my SP-300V. I had Solaris ink and went back to ecosol max and still doing it. Tried sucking some of the ink through the lines as per a thread I found when searching the forum, to no avail. Any ideas? Tried solvent on the caps. Didn't work. First pic if from current test cut and second pic is from yesterdays. Thanks alot in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 566
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 284

FrankW

Sometimes 3th party ink cartridges do not report correctly when they run empty. If this happens, it could happen that the ink tube runs empty too, and changing the cartridges only will not help (you need to pull the ink onwards).

But regularly on a SP300, if this happens the second color of the Cap (in this case yellow) on machines like the SP300 will be dragged into the empty line. So it could be that something different is wrong.

Check if there is ink in the ink line.

Jim Hill

I would start at the dampers and see if there is ink in them and that it is the right color first.

If there is no ink in the dampers try pulling from the line before the damper first to see if you can suck the ink through the line. You may have to purchasing a larger syringe other wise this can take some time with a small syringe.

You may also have a cracked manifold nipple that is sucking air instead of ink. I would try and inspect the manifold with a magnifying glass before removing it first.

I would also soak the print heads and manually lower the capping station and let it sit with a lint free cloth that is also soaked in cleaning fluid for 24 hours.

Sometimes it will take many powerful cleanings to free up cloaked heads.

But first start with the ink cartridge itself and take it out and make sure it did not just right out of ink. My SP-300 did this very same thing and for some reason there was no error message on an empty ink cartridge.

Once you know you have ink try pulling from the line before the damper first. Then pull the ink through the damper.

Once you have ink in the damper try pulling from the hose under the capping station and see if you can draw the ink through the heads.

Make sure to remove the lint free cloth free and have the capping station back in it correct position.

Hope that helps Jim

ova

The first thing I would do which is the simpliest is make a rectangle box in your design program. Make it 27" x 4 or 5 inches wide. Set the color to 100% magenta. Let the machine try to pull the ink by itself. Sometimes it will self prime and all will be good. If it primes and the flow is good before the job finishes, just cancel it to save on ink.

I did this with blue one time it worked.

If this doesn't do the trick, than the fun begins and do most of the steps suggested in the other posts.

Dave

guato

If you have a cleaning cartridges you can flush head and ink tube, 2 or 3 power cleaning and you're ready to go (same was on my SP300)!

GRIMREAPER

Ok tried printing in a sigle color, no color comes out at all now. Replaced dampers and wipers also. Tried cleaning cycle and seems there is no ink flowing to the caps now lines look empty. I'm stumped.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Why no ink?

Ok tried printing in a sigle color, no color comes out at all now. Replaced dampers and wipers also. Tried cleaning cycle and seems there is no ink flowing to the caps now lines look empty. I'm stumped.

"inks look empty" is an indication the manifold "tip" is broken. Probably occurred when you changed the dampers and wipers. Your initial pictures reveal a more serious/expensive problem; BAD printhead. How long have you owned the SP300V? New or Used? What about basic maintenance of the SP300V?

anozira02

I also would try to remove the damper from the ink line and try to pull some ink into the line with a syringe, if that works well than install a new damper and pull ink into it as well, give it a head clean and see what happens...

GRIMREAPER

Well I bought a bigger syringe, the type for turkey injecting, and pulled from it that way from after the caps. All colors seem to be working except the magenta. Looks like I'm getting progress now. Thanks for the help! Any suggestions on gettin the magenta to print lastly?

noregrets

This might sound like a really stupid suggestion - but it happened to me!

Check your ink cartridge!

I had a similar problem and had to suck ink back through with a syringe, and had the pleasure of a vacuum being created and it sucked all the ink out of the cartridge into the maintenance tank - how I dont know, but it happened.

And then, the printer didn't realise the ink cart was empty......

GRIMREAPER

Thanks for the suggestion. Checked the cartridge and theyre good. Got all the inks to finally come out but when we start printing they print well then eventually get lighter and then fade after syphoning with a syringe. Any ideas or suggestions? Keep syphoning maybe?

GRIMREAPER

"inks look empty" is an indication the manifold "tip" is broken. Probably occurred when you changed the dampers and wipers. Your initial pictures reveal a more serious/expensive problem; BAD printhead. How long have you owned the SP300V? New or Used? What about basic maintenance of the SP300V?
Ive had it about a year and bought it second hand so don't know the maintenance history on it. I've done done manual cleansing once or twice and the ones by the system as well. Wish I knew what the problem was to order parts and get it working. So sounds like the heads?

amw

Longtime Members
Ive had it about a year and bought it second hand so don't know the maintenance history on it. I've done done manual cleansing once or twice and the ones by the system as well. Wish I knew what the problem was to order parts and get it working. So sounds like the heads?
You should be doing manual cleanings weekly.