• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help me!

laser45v

Hi guys I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I am a three year vinyl graphic designer and small business owner and one thing I have never been able to do is price my items. How are you sopposed to price your items to sell them? By the square inch of vinyl? For instance what would you guys charge to make a 4'X8 10 mil white coroplast sign with three colors on both sides with a lot of info and a small flag graphic? Roughly what would you guys charge? Just put a post or get back to me with some answers.

Thanks, Adam

ThinkRight

First off , turn on your spellchecker .
Use the search function on the top of the Forum and there are dozens of threads on the subject.
It is a business 101 decision.
Cost of material + Labor + Overhead =Selling Price
And do not forget to add waste into cost.
Good Luck

Mike F

There is no magic formula, and more importantly it doesn't matter what any of us would charge. You need to figure out all your costs (overhead, labor, materials, waste, equipment & shop maintenance, etc.), then you have to figure out what you need to charge in order to turn a profit .

threeputt

Lazer, some of the industry magazines have an annual issue with pricing schemes in there.

The one I've seen most recently has you first calculate what hourly rate will cover your overhead. Will it be $40.00 per hour, $50, 60, 70 or even $80 bucks an hour? You decide with the help from the calculator.

If say your shop can operate on $50.00 per hour, then you look at pricing in that category only. All categories will list signs say 2'x3', 4'x6', etc.and give you pricing.

You'll find pricing for magnetics, truck lettering, banners, etc.

I do agree with some other voices here on the forum that you really should know what overhead costs you have and what salary you want to make. Remember just because you're at the shop eight hours doesn't mean you're productive for that length of time. You may have only six billable hours with all the interuptions, etc.

Hope this helps.

laser45v

First off , turn on your spellchecker .
Use the search function on the top of the Forum and there are dozens of threads on the subject.
It is a business 101 decision.
Cost of material + Labor + Overhead =Selling Price
And do not forget to add waste into cost.
Good Luck

Hey bud I'm on my iPad so pretty hard tod type