Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help Need Main Board possible others

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by midnightmadman, Oct 6, 2018.

1. midnightmadman

midnightmadman Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    My 1204 has been giving me all kinds of errors relating to the main board. I can't afford to spend the money on a new main board! Its worth more than the printer. I was supposed to have it repaired by the place I bought it GRS in NJ and they now are telling me they can not supply me with the parts and basically are ignoring me.. they mysteriously say they threw the 20 used Valuejet printers in the "garbage" so now have no parts to repair it for me! I am hoping someone on here has an old 1204 or parts they are looking to get rid of.

2. Dzignpro

Dzignpro New Member

Feb 9, 2017
    USA
    I've got one of these that is missing a few nozzles, but prints well still. Recently replaced the rollers. My plotter I use with this printer for contour cutting is dying and I may toss in the towel on everything and try to buy a new printer, plotter and software somehow. If that happens, I'll let you know what I'm willing to let this machine go for.

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Which errors are you getting? Sometimes it's just a bad memory stick.

4. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    That would be awesome thank you
    Please let me know ASAP

5. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    I’ll have to look
    Some were current and 05 I think another was 74

6. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    If you are just getting over current errors it's most likely a dirty encoder strip and/or encoder disc. The sensors that read them could also be dirty.

7. unmateria

unmateria Member

Nov 30, 2017
    zaragoza
    Yes, check encoders (both) and make sure belt is not too tight. Carriage and rollers should run softly, if not, you Will get that current error. But telling me that error 74 is there I Will bet that CR motor is going to end of Life (i have seen 2 about 4000 meters). If plotter is old and used, check that too (its a cheap repair, no more than 300€)

8. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Let me go through everything
    I moved in June
    Before I moved it was working good but every so often I would get an error during the auto cleaning
    After I moved i plugged it in and was going to get it running again except I had nothing
    Completely dead
    So I tried again the next day and it startEd up perfect and I refilled all the ink and did a couple test prints
    My head was not printing black too good and I soaked a small cleaning pad with fluid and put it under the head and closed it down for a few hours
    When I went to start it up that’s when I first got the error codes
    I had all kinds of different ones and I can’t even remember all of them
    I know the one That would come up the most was E016 [05]
    I also got an e016 04
    The the current code and also a comm error
    Sometimes it will start up and initialize and then go into the error
    Other times it will go straight to the 05 error

9. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Ahhhhhh. Yes error 16 means the CPU is failing. Same with the comm error. Good luck!

10. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Thanks

11. midnightmadman

Aug 4, 2008
    Westtown, NY
    Dropped it off at the place I bought it GRS and they are going to help me get it fixed
    Hope it’s not too costly