• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help -- no magenta or cyan

This is the first real trouble I've had out of my JV3. I came in this morning and did my usual 10-minute nozzle wash this morning. I knew something was wrong when I put the cleaning solution in the cap tops when only the black cap looked normal. The other M C and Y cap tops looked like they were holding only solution with very little ink.

Sure enough, when I did the test pattern after the nozzle wash, I had:

--Only the left side of the 2 black patterns
--Neither magenta pattern
--Neither cyan pattern
--Only the left side of the 2 yellow patterns

I did some printing Friday evening so what could have gone wrong so quickly?

I did a couple of disway washes and a strong clean so far. Right now I'm in a 30-minute head soak. I would do a longer soak but I have a print to do THAT MUST BE FINISHED TODAY OR ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS GOING TO KILL ME, LOL.

So, any ideas. (Sorry for the long post)

I have it back to where I am able to print now.

I did a bunch of nozzle washes, cleanings, disway washes, even an ink fillup. When I got my test print to about 80% of where it should be, I printed a test file and it was good enough to get this emergency job done for my friend. It's printing now.

And then that #^%#&$ called to check on it and told me he really didn't need it until tomorrow, that he told me the deadline was today so he'd be sure to get it.

:frustrated:

If anyone has any ideas on what caused the problems, I'm all ears.

APC Tech NE

Sounds like the capping station is worn and has gone out of alignment with the heads. I end up replacing the base and hinges as well as the slider on my clients machines. Sometimes replacing just the slider doesn't solve the problem. Replacing pumps at the same time refreshes the machine to like new status provided the heads are in good order.

Masseria

Im not a Jv3 owner, but some stuff are same as jv33.
sometimes pressure on dampers are negative which means that ink wont come down.. after hard clean, pressure fixes for itself. colors are back.

Anyway it sounds like a cleaning part problem.

1)I'd check pump pressure
2)check dumper charge.
3)check cap station if it make good seal with printhead.
4)absorb through the cap station with printhead on site, (doing the job of the pump).

hope it help you.

C

ColoPrinthead

When I used JV3s for dye sub the dampers usually were the cause of my colors dropping out. Sometimes I would pull ink through them with a syringe and it would solve it, other times I'd have to replace them.

4R Graphics

Most problems on these printers can be traced back to a bad dampner, cap or pump but usually its a dampner or cap.

Thanks for the suggestions. My first thought was capping station, because I couldn't imagine both pumps or multiple dampers suddenly deciding to cause problems at the same time.

Masseria

Thanks for the suggestions. My first thought was capping station, because I couldn't imagine both pumps or multiple dampers suddenly deciding to cause problems at the same time.

dont imagine... just test them.
Time is money. in a printer world.

lol

anything else just ask.
If i were you i'd take out the cap station (complete) and wash it with water...(yeah, just water).
then check for pump pressure (if a pump is working properly you should be able to see a little vibration on the tubes connecting to them.... if not they are with low pressure or air intromission.