• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help...prints are a bit to dark

racershawn

Hi all .. I am doing some designs in photoshop ... cmyk... savng them as psd ... importing to flexi 8.5 ... printing on 180c with prism jet ... using 3m180 profile all set to relative colorimatic and it seems that the printer is laying down to much ink colors are not to far off ... just... dark ... thick ... deap ... the photos are loosing there contrast ... please nay advice would be appreciated!!!! thank you

mark in tx

You should try using adobe rgb as your workspace and output.

Secondly, you should get your systems professionally profiled.
From monitor to printer.

noregrets

For photos dont use relative colormetric - use perceptual, or you will most likely loose a lot of detail in the midtones. Also, I second what Flame and Mark said above

gnatt66

i just printed some photos with the versacamm that i blew up in photoshop (bicubic smoother) and saved as a 100% high qual jpeg (rgb) and they printed wonderfully.

racershawn

thanks guys !!going to try that now.... midtones is what is missing! I will let you know .. and again thanks for the info