• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help!!! Rasterlink 3, Job files will not open so I can change pass

jdwilliams1

Hello, I was out of the office yesterday and my workers ran into a situation where we can not open a file we want to print to change the setups, ie pass number rotation etc. I guess that would be the editor window.

When the window opens it is a blank screen with a few large buttons that say condition management ok and cancel like the image attached. When I load a new EPS file it says a problem occured while reading my editor window, this file is not for rasterlink. any thoughts?

Dumb question but have you tried restarting the rip computer.

Check your available hard disk space, if i let too many jobs accumulate in my print queue, i get weird error messages when the computer is running low on space.

Open the file up in editing software of your choice and resave it with a different name and resend.

Good luck,
Chris

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Rasterlink is trying to read a file that tells it how to display the editing window but it is either corrupt or missing. The only way I have ever been able to fix this is by re-installing the software. I have a hunch that you could try using the file from someone else's software that is working but don't hold me accountable for anything going wrong!