• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please help the newbie choose a plotter

K

kevco

BigdawgDesign said:
You're right Will. I have a "cheap chinese printer" - 24" Masters from desay and I haven't had a bit of problem with it that wasn't from my lack of knowledge. It gave us an entry-level machine that has performed very well - even though we were clueless when we started on how to even run it!! I haven't tried to run 40 or 50 feet through it, but Tia has run some very long pieces (she's better at the long ones than I am!!) with no problem and I wouldn't hesitate for her to give it a try.

I have herd people say you can't cut detail with a cheap plotter. This was cut with the cheapest of the cheap a Creation pcut 635. The wheels, headlights, and engine details were cut out of Oracal 351 poly chrome, some of the hardest stuff to cut and weed (IMHO).

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 157
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 151

nxtremesign

Here's a recent run of 32'!

Here's a run of 32' I know it's not 50' but job wasn't that big.

Attachments

• long run.jpg
    long run.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 136

txsurfer

I have the Panther and love it, also sign warehouse has a good software package for the price, good company to deal with.