• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help Trouble ripping Wrap over

Maxphobia

Hello guys/gals I'm having an issue ripping a PS Tiff file over.

I took the PSD file I was sent of the wrap on the vehicle deleted all the layers of the wrap so make it print ready, I.E. the clipping layers used for proofing. The image looks fine and clear of all clipping layers after flattening the layers and saving the PSD to a flatted .Tff I ripped the .Tiff over and it all looked fine even in the rip preview. Here's where the problem comes in.

When I print the tiff it still shows a clipping mask in the print that does not show up in the file at all...

Steps I've done to try and fix the issue.

I've tried a reboot of the computer and the rip station. (failed)
I've tried moving to a different computer and ripping it again. (failed)
I've tried copying the flatted tiff to a new layer and sending it. (failed)
I've tried re-deleting the layers again and re-saving the Tiff. (failed)
I've tried re-creating the background image and re-sending the tiff. (failed)
I've deleted everything from the psd. inserted just a solid color as one layer printed it and the clipping mask is still there. >.<! (fail)

It has to be something in the template.

Rip-station: OYNX 72
Printer: Mimaki JV33-160
CS5: Photoshop

This .psd file was not made in house and when i first opened it it gave me a warning saying:

The document contains unknown data which will be discarded to keep layers editable. top persevere original appearance, instead choose flatten to load composite data as a flattened image.

The file was made in Bad-wraps Ram Van 2012 template. We have never had an issue like this before with anything else we've done.

Any suggestions you all maybe have would be appreciated. Just when you think you've seen it all....

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
it was extra layers they had in Channels panel they usually delete them but in this case they forgot.

Maxphobia

Problem fixed

thank you very much for offering a suggestion we broke down and called Badwrap and they took care of us!! posted what the solution was just in case others have the same issue!

Thanks guys post was only up for a few minutes and already had a reply! so awesome!

just finished our test to see if it solved the problem and BOOM! can't help but feel a little foolish...I would have never thought to check the channels panel....whew