• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

please help with error msg X motor

racershawn

Please help... I was printing earlier then the printer went crazy ... I have a prismjet 46 .... started buzing and at first i thought the head jammed on something but that was not it the screen had this error message EO69 x encoder then it had EO 65 X motor has anyone ran into this problem???
Thanks Shawn

einsteingraphic

When you power it off and back on do you get the same error. Most likely it is you motor. It could be a few things besides that. That is where I would start. I will PM you more info.

racershawn

thanks!!! no it goes away i printed about 2 feet then did it again ... thought there may be somting on the rollers but checked it all out and nothing....... this came out of the blue

Peterpan

Check the encoder on X axis (The encoder measure the feed step)
Also check (if there is a toothed belt) the material feed mechanism for damage, these may be your problem.

racershawn

the encoder is wher i thought the problem might be ...but... i cant find it ..... is it built in the motor?

Compilla

It is built into the Motor.

According to the book:

Use the self-diagnostic “Examination: Encoder” to check Encoder X.
Also, check the J121 (X ENC) cable connector on your MOBO

Use the self-diagnostic “Aging: Media Feed Motor” with a setting of 50 times to check
whether the X Motor error occurs.
Check connectors J119 (X MOT) and J121 (X ENC) on the main board.

Replace the X motor or Mother Board...

racershawn

well with lots of help from scott ... looks like there was some dust and trash on the top rail... cleaned the rail off and the encoder strip and so far so good ........ THANKS!!!