Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help with material

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by racershawn, Feb 17, 2010.

1. racershawn

racershawn Member

Feb 23, 2009
    hampton va
    Hi guys ... I am looking for a material... I have installed it before but i need to find it to print myself... I am not sure if it is an overlam or a printable but i more think an overlam... It is thick and ruff ... kinda almost a nonskid material... I will be using it to put on a countertop and on the floor to be walked on ... thanks for the help

Tags:
  2. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    Ask your supplier for a Polycarbonate overlam.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    General Formulations concept 103

4. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Velvet lexan for the counter-top is probably sufficient. But for floor graphics I think you'll want an approved floor graphics kit, such as 3M's. It's spendier but limits liability of someone slips and sues the pants off your client. Then the client sues you since you provided a "dangerous" material.

5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    What machine are you going to print with? You can get printable lexan or lexan overlaminate. Laminate is less expensive then a coated lexan for printing.

6. racershawn

racershawn Member

Feb 23, 2009
    hampton va
    thanks for all the great info... I will let you know how it goes!

7. NZDR-Payne

NZDR-Payne Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Good advice here. There are a few laminates out there that are "UL Certified" slip resistant. Neschen/Seal, GBC, General Formulations, etc. all have these laminates.