• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help with material

racershawn

Hi guys ... I am looking for a material... I have installed it before but i need to find it to print myself... I am not sure if it is an overlam or a printable but i more think an overlam... It is thick and ruff ... kinda almost a nonskid material... I will be using it to put on a countertop and on the floor to be walked on ... thanks for the help

Jim Doggett

Velvet lexan for the counter-top is probably sufficient. But for floor graphics I think you'll want an approved floor graphics kit, such as 3M's. It's spendier but limits liability of someone slips and sues the pants off your client. Then the client sues you since you provided a "dangerous" material.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What machine are you going to print with? You can get printable lexan or lexan overlaminate. Laminate is less expensive then a coated lexan for printing.

NZDR-Payne

Velvet lexan for the counter-top is probably sufficient. But for floor graphics I think you'll want an approved floor graphics kit, such as 3M's. It's spendier but limits liability of someone slips and sues the pants off your client. Then the client sues you since you provided a "dangerous" material.

Good advice here. There are a few laminates out there that are "UL Certified" slip resistant. Neschen/Seal, GBC, General Formulations, etc. all have these laminates.