• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Please Help!XC540 not cutting properly

veleze84

Hi everyone, my XC540 started acting up a few days ago. I cut a job and didnt notice until a weeded it that on a part it wasnt cut. Just yesterday, I was getting some media to contour cut and when I did test cut I couldt find the test. Did it again and nothing. The cutter tool didnt go down at all. Now if I move the tool carriage about 6 inches to the left and on it performs the cut fine. So anything less that about 6 inches closer towards capping station the cutter wont go down. Has any one had this happed? Any suggestions? Thank you in advace.

woolly

as its position sensitive sounds like the main ribbon cable faulty it may have a separate one for the cutter if you are lucky may need just re-seating with this sort of fault and you go fiddling with it can have one of three outcomes .. you fix it :) .. stays the same:( .. don't work at all:mad:

E Coloney

Have had similar issues with my XC-540 but my cut contour is off by a much smaller margin. It worked fine until one day it didn't. It was not a case of an error that kept getting worse and worse.

I saw the voltage on my machine (section 4-9 of ROLAND SERVICE NOTES) was in error but the TOOL CARRIAGE BOARD COVER was brittle and I feared serious damage if I forced it while attempting to correct the voltage. My cut contour is fine if I do NOT use the crop marks function.

My remedy:
Print/cut without crop marks needs no correction. Printing and then cutting WITH crop marks goes awry.
I gathered info about the error of my cut line by several tests.
I printed a series of 3 black squares with a fat border and placed the cut contour on the inside of the squares. 3 squares only so I had several to look at/work with. Then measured the error in the cut line. Print again but adjust the cut contour by how much I measured the error. Repeat.
In my case I needed to "adjust" the cut contour by -.08" on the X value and +.047" on the Y value. When I need to print and allow to dry for a few days and then go back and cut, I use the crop marks and then set up a file of cut contours, only, and adjust them using these values and it works really well. -shouldn't have to do it but as I said, I fear greater damage pulling the tool carriage board cover off in order to adjust the voltage. If it ever gets to a point where even this doesn't work, I may have to call a technician for the proper repair(s).
Hope this helps.

veleze84

Thank you all, I will get the carriadge cable replaced in hopes that this is the solution. It seems like a reasonable thing.

m2w

I had a similar problem with my Roland sg300, my issue was inconsistent contour cutting general worst with crop mark jobs. Hybrid jobs were better but not perfect. My problem was hairline cracks in the pinch roller which caused media to SKU and not track properly.