• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help

Ryden5x

I was wonder if anyone can help me and i will try to explain this the best i can...and thank you in advanced for your time and help.... so i have a file and when i view it in pdf viewer you can see a red arrow but once i place either the pdf file or eps in illustrator cs5 it vanishes...any ideas on why this is happening? i attached screen shots to help explain, and again thank you.

Attachments

• red arrow.jpg
    red arrow.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 118
  • no arrow eps.jpg
    no arrow eps.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 84
  • no arrow pdf.jpg
    no arrow pdf.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 97

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
When you place the pdf or eps file into Illustrator are you getting any warnings about missing image links or anything of that sort?

If you can see the red arrow within the PDF while viewed in Adobe Reader you might still be able to get it to come through in Illustrator. Don't open the PDF document via the file>open command. Create a new Illustrator document and use the Place command to place the PDF file. Make sure the "Link" box is checked. If the red arrow is visible after the PDF is placed in the new Illustrator file use the Flatten Transparency command to convert it all to editable art.

TammieH

I assume the floor plan was created in a different program other than Illustrator, if the dotted arrow was on a hidden layer, it won't print. But if you check under Illustrator's Levels, I bet you will be able to find the arrow...but, then I could be wrong...As Bobby says open a new page and place the image.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........You could add the arrow yourself I assume unless you want to know what gives!

Ryden5x

thank you both for your responses...

to Bobby the arrow doesn't show up when linked and placed into ill...

to Tammie i think the red arrow may have been added after cuz there is no red arrow in the layers. Plus i also want to know how come this happens.

and again thank you both for your responses

Ryden5x

i was thinking the same j hill and thank you for your response... i opened the pdf file into acrobat xi pro and the red arrow appears under the comment list... do you know of any way to change that so it shows up when you bring it into illustrator for example?