• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PLEASE Help!

stickygraphics12

So I just got my sp540 today, which is awesome! My tech from Beacon was great and helped educate me on a lot of things.

The only thing he didn't know how to do was make the contour color line to cut in Versaworks after printing?????

I have 160 decals I need to finish by tomorrow so I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Replicator

Create a hairline for the cut line and name in CutContour save file as an EPS for VersaWorks to recognize it as a cut line.

Replicator

Create a new color in your color pallet and name it CutContour (any color doesn't matter).

I use Corel, but I think in Flexi you can create an outline using the Contour Cut tool. Under the effects menu, as Jamie stated above.

stickygraphics12

Under the effects menu I understand the contour cut, but when I import it into versaworks it doesn't recognize the contour cut line? Am I doing something wrong?

cgsigns_jamie

If "Cut All Paths" is selected and you are using an EPS file then yes VW will recognize the Contour Cut.

If you have a newer version of Flexi you can configure it so there is a button that allows you to select an object an transfer it right to VW without having to export an EPS file.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
My tech from Beacon was great and helped educate me on a lot of things.
The only thing he didn't know how to do was make the contour color line to cut in Versaworks after printing?????

Did he make it home for dinner...:popcorn:

Does 7.6 have the driver for that printer? 7.6 V2 does

Last edited:

stickygraphics12

I don't think he made it home for dinner! He still had another stop near philly on the way home! He was awesome though! Overall it was a good day and it's now 2:00 in the morning, I'm finally home, and the investment is already makin me money! I hope it keeps up!

Last edited:

Steve Rife

stickygraphics12...
I am glad to hear the install of your SP540 went well and you were able to become productive before the start of your weekend. I will inform the tech who was at your location on the status of your install... and will train him on the solution of your inquiry posted here for future reference. If you have any further questions, you know where to reach us.

Steven Rife
Beacon Graphics
www.beacongraphics.com