• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help ?????

kustom.printing

I need help, I went to do a job today and it has nearly been hitting the head I have had to pull the vinyl down while it was printing.

Below are some pictures of what has been happening.

I have tried setting the vinyl up loads of times, changing the position with no luck.

I have winded about 2 meters out and it still does the same thing.

Attachments

• DSC_0326.jpg
    DSC_0326.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0335.jpg
    DSC_0335.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0340.jpg
    DSC_0340.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0344.jpg
    DSC_0344.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0350.jpg
    DSC_0350.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 80

Bigdawg

Just Me
It's not feeding in straight Shaun. Tighten the roll back up and reload it... pull the front material out til you can feel it snug up against the roll. Then keep it a little tight when you drop the rollers.

I see this a LOT on some materials...

CS-SignSupply

What are your heater settings?

What brand and series of vinyl?

Could be the liner is too thin for the heater settings you are using.

kustom.printing

I have taken vinyl off the end caps re-tightened it, Changed the location on the back several times, changed the pinch rollers, pulled the vinyl Tight and pulled down the pinch rollers.

I am running out of ideas could this be the material, I have used it before fine but then did some banners for a couple of days, the material was put back properly in the box.

The material is Metamark Md-p 200 100micron Monomeric calendered Vinyl.

The way I have been seeing this is buy just pressing the button on the machine I am not willing to risk trying to print till this is gone.

The settings are default media settings, all my settings on printer controls are Default media settings.

sfr table hockey

Not sure how many pinch rollers you have on that roll but you could try to remove that roll and set a thin strip (3" or so) of vinly under each roller and line them up evenly, then use the buttons to feed the media out and check if you can see if one roller is feeding out faster than the other. If all seems to feed evenly then at least the feed rollers are all working together.

oakcitysigns

If you are sure that it's feeding straight... My suggestion would be try two more things:

1. Instead of using 'Default Media Settings' for printer controls, use custom setting. Drop the pre and print heat way down (30-32), and see if that makes a difference.

2. Try switching the head height to high.

I had the same problem last week with a 6' wide roll of banner that had been stored improperly at the supply ware house. There was a noticeable, but not extreme bend in the middle of the roll. The two adjustments I mentioned got me through the job. The media still buckled, but no head crashes.

Good luck!

legacyborn

We have a similar situation with our plotter, but only when the vinyl is very warm. We now store our vinyl in the air conditioned office, it seems to work for us.

signartau

I dont know if this help but what we do is, get it running straight then, run it though so it heats up, therefor it heats it up so it smooths out, also check your heat setting, it look as though its up way to high, making the vynal shrink, hope this helps

astro8

I use Metamark..looks like heat settings combined with humidity, cold weather.. Metamark is thin and the vacuum will pull it down usually but not what you've shown. try turning down your heat and leave half a metre (yard) of whitespace before the print and it usually works.

I haven't seen it that bad before on Metamark..it usually stays flat while other brands buckle and cockle..

Mainframe

I use Oracal materials, trans, & 3651g - & a couple of other oracal products, also 3m cast & have never seen his happen on mine, I also use arlon & LG chem banner materials, never had it on those either, can you get your hands on Oracal? maybe that would help

Check to see if your PINCH WHEELS HAVE FLAT SPOTS!!! If you leave your rollers down you get flat spots and the media will NOT feed correctly. You will see the flat spots on the wheels if you get the light just right and slowly turn the wheels... Are you giving the media a tug in the center as you load the media...this aligns the media correctly and straight...works on vinyl cutters too! This REALLY works!

kustom.printing

I have found a temporary solution - long media clamps to get some jobs done.

I will use this up and see where I am after, how do I remove the pinch roller closest to the capping station on my Vp540.

Velocity

We found a little trick that seems to work most of the time, we roll out the material some and then place a heavy spent material spool (cardboard roll there are some that are thicker and a little heavier) onto the hanging material to provide tension. we just roll out the material more when it gets close to the top. hope this helps.

Last edited: