• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help!!

G6Signs

SO I have a Roland SC-545EX. It does great when printing regular files, but does not to good when printing jpegs. The color white in a jpeg comes out pinkish and none of the colors in the picture print true to their color. It doesnt matter what resolution my jpeg is, it always comes out crappy. I am really new to all this so if someone could PLEASE help me...

Nikki
G6 Signs & Designs

Custom_Grafx

1) What app are you printing from?
2) Are you using VersaWorks?

It sounds like a colour profile problem or something wrong in the workflow somewhere.

If you could give the above info, it can help to get this started.

Jim Doggett

SO I have a Roland SC-545EX. It does great when printing regular files, but does not to good when printing jpegs. The color white in a jpeg comes out pinkish and none of the colors in the picture print true to their color. It doesnt matter what resolution my jpeg is, it always comes out crappy. I am really new to all this so if someone could PLEASE help me...

Nikki
G6 Signs & Designs

Sounds unusual. Most JPGs are RGB and working in an RGB color space is what most people do, even outputing to CMYK. So if it's just JPGs, something might be corrupt in the JPG import filter. If you have Photoshop, maybe open the JPG and save it out as a Tiff, PNG, etc., and then see if the problem persists.

Just a guess.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check to see if there is an embedded profile in the JPG file printing the pink. Use Photoshop to set a consistent profile for all RGB files you work with.

G6Signs

I'm using Corel Draw X5 and Versaworks. The thing that gets me is I used to never have a problem printing jpegs. All of a sudden it started printing bad. I called the company (LFP) we got the Roland from and spent $2000 to have someone make the trip here to clean everything and mess with it, only to tell me ther isnt anything wrong, when clearly, there is a problem! I will play with it some more. It does it to any jpeg I use.

G6Signs

I've been playing with the media type, print quality, and color management preset. Like I said I am SUPER new to all this. My dad purchased the company and gave it to me to play around with. I have no prior experience with anything relating to the sign business, so its really just trial and error unfortunately.

rozankan

Resetting Color Settings and Test Print VersaWorks

I'd like to suggest going back to the default settings and printing the internal Test Print.

In the main VersaWorks window top menu, under Printer, select Test Print. This adds an internal ‘Test print’ – a postscript file that contains raster, spot color, etc. data.

I’d suggest printing this test file to isolate the problem and see how your settings are affecting the output.

(note: Make sure to set up the Queue A properly in VersaWorks first before sending the file to print, select the appropriate media settings and choose Standard or High Quality. The default settings for VersaWorks Color Management is US Pre-Press, I would start with those settings.)

Did you start working with Jpegs with a previous version before Corel before X5?

Please feel free to PM me, or give Tech Support a call at (800) 542-2307 - Press '1'.