• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please let me know what you think.

Lau Designs

Hi everyone,
I have got a customer that asked me to make them a sign to promote St. Pactricks day at there restaurant. It is to be one color and 3'X4'. Please give me your critiques, I look forward to them good or bad (even the bad ones are great for learning). This is my first post for a critique but by no means my first critique on design. So bring on the design police!! ha ha ha

:design:

Attachments

• St Patricks day sign proof.jpg
    St Patricks day sign proof.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 138

Mosh

Pretty basic. Punch up the St. Patty's and the live music. Take off the shamrocks, maybee use one for the " ' " Try putting the dates in a panel. Looks like something our local budweiser sign shop does for free to local bars, not real creative.

SignManiac

A lot of negative space issues. What you have is text typed out with a few doo-dads to fancify the design.

Try prioritizing your message in order of importance. Bring interests to you design with the use of varying type size and perhaps a reverse color panel. Keep on trying new ideas and it should improve greatly.

Lau Designs

Thanks Mosh for the crit. I agree nothing special but that's what the customer wanted. Somthing simple and didn't want to spend much money for a throw away promotional sign. Thanks again for the ideas.

Mosh

Attachments

• stpatty.jpg
    stpatty.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 101
  • mullet_003.jpg
    mullet_003.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:

Lau Designs

Mosh that's nice! I like that and can definatley see how boring mine is. Thanks for the great ideas. Looks like I could sure use that book everyone mentions "Mastering Layout" by Mike Stevens.

Mosh

I heard it is great, never read it. I learned from working as an apprentice under an old hand letter signman back in the 80's. I also collect old signs and learn from what they have to offer. Still learning to this day.

TheSellOut

Mosh...do I even want to know what's up with the bubble wrap?...Ricky!!

BTW...what happened to the party in the front?

Mosh

One color simple stuff CAN still look good. BTW, what do you mean about bubble wrap????

Last edited:

Jillbeans

It does look like just typed text. There is no focal point.
Is it a dinner special or live music? What time? Where?
I try to avoid abbreviations.
The use of a reverse panel, like SignManiac suggested, is a trick I always use when stuck working with one color.
Love.....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Mosh...do I even want to know what's up with the bubble wrap?...Ricky!!

BTW...what happened to the party in the front?

As you can see in his latter post.... that raincoat has become a permanent fixture in the mushputz household. All of his kids wear them, the women on that farm and most of the farm animals.... well, the ones that mushputz has a likin' to..................

They also double when they go to the 'Hairdresser' and get their perms. No drizzle on that guys, duds. :rock-n-roll:

Da-a-a-a-a-a-ady