• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pleased to have found this board.

Cadmn

Nice work, be careful with slease bay & most the cheap programs ar Pirated versions
good luck

3mpainter

ebay is the best place to buy software. sealed-full vers-good feedback. ect. i bet roland is chinese made if not the parts where and assembled here....everything is made overseas.

cOrKinSA

Another welcome from Texas!!!
If I want to cut a vinyl sign or make a stencil for blasting from vinyl that is larger then the 24" the machine accecpts can I do it in a few passes. make 3 lengths at 24" each to make a 6 foot sign? can the software split up the design? I know there would be a splice but for larger stuff I imagine it would still look acceptable, most larger stuff is view from farther away. I hope I explained the question well.
You can splice your vinyl to make a large stencil but be very careful to make sure that the overlap has been tacked down with your finger nail so you tighten up that little gap. I have seen it exposed before and it doesn't look good once its been blasted. Have you ever seen Glass Etched Vinyl before? You can't compare it to the original thing but it looks damn near convincing.

Jackpine

Welcome to the group. The Gx-24 is a good cutter and so is the Graphtec CE series if cost matters. Corel X3 is a good design program and either cutter comes with a bridge program to cut from Corel. $500 for Corel, not true. Go to Amazon and get the full version or X3 for much less. Google and you will find other sellers. Good luck.

joostio

I got myself a new laptop just for my sign/glass work. I also got Corel x3. The new laptop was a bit of an ordeal, the first one had issues with a jumpint cursor and the second computer was returned due to a gibbled up wireless internet thingy. The third computer is working well and is finally almost "moved into" I got myself a toshiba Satellite p200 ab1, 17 inch screen and a nice keyboard with a number pad. I also picked up a 3 in one printer, nice to have the scan feature.

I sand blasted some beer mugs with the local fire fighter crest on them for my gift at the fire fighter christmas party (I am a volunteer fire fighter) they were well recieved, and of course there seams to be some business spin off, they all want one. | re created the logo/crest with the demo version of x3, not easy to learn but it is getting better. I sent the art work to the local vinyl guy in town and had him cut it for me (still to poor to buy my cutter, hopefully soon). I them masked and blasted them myself and the results were great.

So I am still moving forward and at this point I have a lot to learn aboutr corel, thank god for the tutorials on youtube, they are a great help. It snowed 3 feet at our local mountain and I have to stop typing to head up the hill, fresh snow comes first, corel will be here when the lifts are closed.

joostio

Looks like I am the highest bidder on a camm 1 pnc 1000. 20 inch wide. I am having trouble finding info on what type of vinyl to order, perf or non? hard to see by the pic, looks like perf. who sells 20 inch vinyl?

been working on a new logo for our fire department, starting to get results I want finally with corel.

joostio

my pnc 1000 arrived today, only a power cord. I have been reading lots here regarding this machine. I still have many questions but I will try to search first. looking forward to getting her going. I am completley new to this and I'm sure there will be some frustrations along the way.

JAMEY

Welcome from Upstate, NY! I checked out some nice stuff on that artonglass.com site. Makes me want to do some glass too.

So who sells this etched vinyl? Lets see some.